27. Back to the Norm

Camila's POV

"T-they pushed her?" I said choking on oncoming tears.

"They didn't mean to...but they weren't letting up on trying to force that drink down her throat." She looks down. "They took her to a hospital...luckily she just cracked the back of her skull and broke a leg. She had a concussion and was in a coma for about a month." She gulps. "I know that doesn't seem so lucky but from what I saw...it seems like she was dead. Uh-but I ended up taking the blame for Luis, Alexa and Vero. I had some idiotic thought that if I stood up for them, I could finally fit in...even more than I thought I did with being CeCe's girl." She shook her head and frowned, obviously fighting the tears brimming in her eyes.

"How'd you...what'd you say when they asked?" I asked. She hesitated before answering. "I told the police, my room advisor and the Dean that...I came home drunk, I told them I snuck in a bar or something, not wanting to rat out CeCe for having alcohol at her party. I told them, I woke her up and picked a fight with her." She shrugged. "The others had already fled the scene when everyone showed up so my story seemed very much believable." She shook her head and let out a strangled chuckle. "She didn't remember that night...but once they told her what happened and asked if she wanted to come back to Miami U, she told them-" She sniffles heavily. "She told them that she'd rather be thrown off another balcony than come back here and have to see her 'Psycho' of a roommate." She said with tears now finding their way down her cheeks. "Last thing, I heard, she was placed in a mental institution. I tried going with Demi to apologize...see her, but she had a no visitors policy."

I placed a hand on her shoulder, leaned in and kissed away her tears gently as she flinched, due to my contact.

"I was suspended for the rest of the year, and had to finish my work at home. When I came back this year I was assigned to a single dorm, I can't have a roommate for as long as I attend school here...Demi was the only one who I told the actual truth. She was my only friend at the time. And her I am now...the campus psycho." She finishes.

I put a finger under her chin and slowly lift her head to meet my gaze. "Look at me." I say as she closes her eyes and starts to sob. "Lauren...look at me." I say more sternly as I cup her face. She opens her eyes and I stare into those deep green orbs. "You. Are in no way shape or form, a psycho. You understand me? You're not. You are no where near it. Got me?" I say seriously. She weakly nods in my grasps and continues to let the tears pour. "You. Lauren. You're brave. You're headstrong. You're a fighter. And I admire you greatly." I say with my bottom lip quivering. I pull her into the biggest hug I've ever given anyone and I let her cry into my shoulder.

I rub her back and she sobs weakly. I feel her tears hit my right shoulder as I rock from side to side with her tight in my grip. "Baby girl, you are everything to me." I whisper. "Please, don't bury yourself in this." I beg.

After about and hour of just holding Lauren in my arms, we were finally laying on my bed, wrapped in each others arms. She had her head nuzzled into the crook of my neck and I finally heard her soft snores, which comforted me. I rubbed circles on her lower back as I used my other hand to play with her hair.

She's beautiful, I thought to myself as I looked down on her. She's not a pyscho, she's not some maniac, she's just a beautiful misunderstood soul.

The next morning, I woke up and stared at the ceiling as I sighed a heavy sigh of relief that yesterday had came and gone. I was finally content knowing that Lauren had opened up to me, and was here, quietly sleeping in my arms. I look down to see the beautiful green eyed girl still asleep. Overnight, she had found a way to wrap her arms around my waist and snuggle even deeper into my chest. Her hair was sprawled all over and she reminded me of a little koala bear clinging to a tree. I smiled seeing how peaceful she is now compared to the state she was in last night.

I turn my head to my left to see Dinah also sound asleep on her bed. She must've come back in when she didn't hear us talking and crying anymore. I then take one of my hands and entangle it from Lauren's hair to grab my phone off of my nightstand. It's 9:57 in the morning. I see I have a few texts from Austin.

From: Austin

Hey Mila! Hope you're having fun at home! When you come back we have to finish that date!

Ah, I forgot all about Austin, I don't think hanging out with him anytime soon will do me that much good. As I begin to type I notice Lauren start stir from on top of me. She tilts her head up and opens one eye, squinting as she becomes accustomed to the sunlight creeping into the room. "Why good morning pretty eyes." I smile at her. She opens both eyes now studying my face as she smiles at me. "Morning Camzi...I see I fell asleep in your arms." She says slightly embarrassed. I chuckle and nod. "Yeah a lil." I say before sitting up a bit.

I put my phone back down and start to play with her hair as I smile down to the girl laying now at my side as she rolled off of me. "Why are you doing that?" She asks with a small grin. "Doing what?" I say continuing to play with her hair. "Smiling so widely." She replies. At that moment we lock eyes and I think my heart melted at the sight of her smile and those killer eyes looking right into mine. "I-uh...I don't know." I stutter. Her gaze has some effect on me to make me weak and submissive. I can hardly bring myself to speak. "You're quite cute Camz." She giggles as she places her hand up to my cheek and strokes it carefully. "And you're quite beautiful." I say with a serious look as I'm still lost in her eyes, not wanting to look away.

She raises her eyebrows a bit and smiles a bit wider at my words. She takes her eyes from mine for a brief moment to gaze down to my lips, but brings them back to my eyes with a blush, hoping I wouldn't notice. I bite my lower lip and break our gaze for a moment to look at my wall with a light blush thinking of the very seductive way she just looked at my lips. I feel her finger under my chin to softly make me meet her gaze again, this time only shortly as she closes the gap in between us as captures my lips in hers. My eyes flutter close immediately as our lips move in perfect sync with one another. I cup her right cheek with my hand as I feel her body press against mine. I tilt my head to deepen the kiss as I feel her tongue gently swipe across my bottom lip. I grant her access as her tongue explores the inside of my mouth. She gently nibbles on my bottom lip as I let out a soft moan in response.

I feel her retract from the kiss with a successful smirk as she giggles. I had my eyes closed for quite some time before realizing that she was no longer kissing me and I open them a bit dazed as I see the beautiful girl looking at me with a proud smile.

"Eh hem." I hear someone clear their throat beside us. I turn to see Dinah with a smirk and a raised eyebrow looking between me and Lauren. "Seems like you two are back on good terms huh?" She says with a knowing look. I take a pillow and cover my face as an embarrassing blush finds its way to my cheeks.

I hear a door open as I peek to see who its was. Both Ally and Normani had entered, they look surprised to see Lauren basically straddling me at this point as I just noticed she hadn't moved and was frozen with wide eyes. Her blush matching mine as I smiled at her clear embarrassment. "Well...what'd we miss?" I hear Normani ask Dinah. She answers with a simple "Oh nothing...just Camren." And smirks.

They all turn and join her in her stare at us and I thought I'd die from their intense stares. "O....k. So, anyone down for breakfast?" I clap my hands and quickly hop from the bed. Before they can answer I butt in again. "Yeah? Cool okay." I grab Lauren's hand and walk her to the door. "I'm just gonna go take a shower now." I say waving and not looking back.

"Oooooh...with Lauren?" I hear them snicker. I freeze and turn back around. "Um no not like I uh- NO. We're just gonna go to the shower rooms gosh guys." I sigh. "We'll be here...but if you're not back in a half hour, we're gonna assume you two are banging and go without you." I hear Dinah say. I roll my eyes playfully and start to leave again. "Um Mila...you guys might want to get some towels and clothes..." I hear Ally comment. I blush once again and turn around.

"Right." I say with a smile and a nervous chuckle.
----------------------------------------------------
A/N: whew, I know this chapter was slightly boring. I'm trying. Lol. I'm also working on some other stuff. I might start a new story soon.
Thanks for reading Lovelies :*
-Jaz ❤️