Chapter 18

Luke's POV

The door is thrown open and I'm expecting Ashton to tumble down the stairs. He doesn't though. He is dragged down the stairs by his leg, hitting is head on the way down. His shirt is missing and he has many marks on his chest that look like whip marks. When Matt gets to the bottom of the stairs, he drags Ashton off of them and drops him there. He is unconscious. He also has many badly bruised and swollen areas on him. I got shot and I think I was in better shape than he was. Luckily, with me, they stopped the bleeding relatively quickly and it just can't be moved. Ashton looks like he went through hell on the other hand. 

"We are leaving in an hour," Matt says turning around. He starts up the stairs then stops and says, "Oh, by the way. I beat him pretty badly and if he isn't awake by the time we have to leave you guys are responsible for bringing him up the stairs." With that Matt walks the rest of the way up the stairs and slams the door shut. What scares me the most is Ashton didn't make any movement. I can see him breathing but he isn't showing any signs of waking up.

"If we have to carry him up the stairs," Michael starts, getting up and pulling off his shirt, he searches it for something, "Calum and I will do it, you can't put that kind of pressure on your arm." As he is talking, I stare at his chest. Then I look to Calum and see him doing the same. Michael never gave us any detail of what happened during his two beatings, but his chest is covered in cuts, bruises, and burns. 

"Um, Michael," Calum starts, but Michael is quick to cut him off.

"I know. Can we please just ignore it. I just need to attempt to rip off the bloody pieces of this shirt so we can stop Ashton's bleeding." He then attempts to rip the fabric and after a couple attempts, successfully does so. He then goes up to Ashton and we all follow. Kneeling down, he applies pressure of Ashton's chest, using the shirt. The blood soaks through decently quickly, but stops after about 10 minutes. Michael keeps the pressure on his chest for a couple more minutes before letting up. 

"Do you think he is going to be okay," I ask. He has been out the longest out of us all here, and he has shown no signs of waking up anytime soon. 

"I have no idea," Michael mutters, staring at Ashton. We sit in silence until the door bangs open and Matt yells at us to get our asses up there. Michael and Calum, with some difficulty, pick up Ashton and lead the way up the steps. When I get to the top, my ankles and wrists are bound in rope.

"When you get to the car, put him in the trunk and you'll let us tie you two up or we'll kill both this one," Matt shoves me forward when he says this, "and him." He motions towards Ashton and Mikey and Cal just nod. 

He pushes me forward and I move. Trying to walk productively with tied ankles is the opposite of productive. Matt, obviously unhappy with this, shoves me again. I wish I could tell him what I really feel, but being so close to leaving, I won't risk anything.

Once outside, I'm dragged over to a decent size black car. Amanda opens the trunk.

"Let me tie him up and then put him in the trunk," Matt says. Michael and Calum do as told. After Ashton is in the back of the trunk, Matt ties up Michael and motions for him to get in the trunk. Then he does the same with Calum.

"Get in the trunk," Amanda says before she goes and gets into the car, leaving me alone with Matt. I do as told and get into the trunk. Unfortunately for me, this means I'm in the smallest part of the trunk yet again. Do you ever wish you were shorter?

The trunk is shut and we are emerged into darkness. The engine starts up and the car jerks into movement. I can't believe we are actually going home. The thought that they aren't actually taking us to meet management has crossed my mind, but I don't think they'd actually do they. I'm also worried about if they attached Hi or Hey Records and destroyed not only our band, but Hey Violet's too.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

GUESS WHAT!!

ONLY TWO CHAPTERS LEFT UNTIL THIS BOOK IS FINALLY DONE!!