Chapter 20

Luke's POV  ~~Two Days Later~~

Calum and I were released from the hospital today. We decided to stay and be with Michael and Ashton. Ashton still hasn't woken up and it's worrying the doctors. He lost a lot of blood and they figured that was the only reason he was unconscious. The doctors have been running tests, but nothing is wrong with him from the looks of it. The doctors speculate that he should wake soon because of it.

Michael has been awoken occasionally, but he had to have surgery to get the bullet out. I had surgery to get the bullet out that has been in my arm for a little bit. My arm feels better, but it got infected. I'm on meds for it though.Calum's cuts also got infected, but is anyone really surprised by that? We both had wounds that obviously had to be cleaned and bandaged, but we are doing pretty fine all things considered. 

Right now we are visiting Michael. He is currently asleep. When we got out, the police wanted to question us right away, but they decided to wait until everyone was awake. Our kidnappers were killed after Matt shot the gun, as it turns out, the men who were with management that we didn't know were police men. I'm not entirely surprised that management managed to set that up, they always did seem to have a trick or two up their sleeves. 

Sitting in the hospital room, I realize how lucky we are. Some people never survive being kidnapped, and we managed to. People never really talk about kidnapping as much as they should. I googled it today, and apparently some kidnappers may only face one year in jail. Considering what they put the people that they took and there loved ones through, the punishment should be much worse. 

As I am thinking about this, Michael wakes up. Calum and Michael begin talking about random things. Then Michael asks, "Hey guys, has Ashton woken up yet?"

"Not yet Mikey," I say. He nods and stares at the tv for awhile. When the doctor comes in he introduces himself to us. He has only seen Michael unconscious since his shift started anyway. 

"Hello," he begins, nodding to us, "I'm Doctor Burges, and I'll be taking care of Michael during my shift. Now, I came to inform you all that he can leave the hospital tomorrow provided his vitals stay normal."

"Isn't that an awfully quite hospital visit considering he had surgery?" I ask.

"Your manager asked us to keep this on the down low and get you guys out fast. The police were involved in this conversation, as it turns out, your manager even convinced them too," he says, looking rather unpleased. 

Dr. Burges checks all of the machines hooked up to Michael and then leaves. 

~~Next Day~~

Michael has just been released, and we are all headed to Ashton's room. I open the door and sit in one of the chairs next to the bed. Michael sits in the chair across from me and Calum sits on the chair next to him. Before we came in, Ashton's doctor, Dr. Weitmen, told us that he was looking better than ever today. Apparently, they predict he will wake up today. I sure hope there are predicting right.

"What are you going to do when you get home?" Michael asks, looking up from Ashton. 

Calum answers first, "I am going to give my family the biggest hugs and then eat some of my moms spaghetti." 

I look down at Ashton, "I'm going to just hang out with my family. I want to also research more into topics of things like kidnapping and try to share the message to as many people as possible."

Michael and Calum nod. "What about you Mikey?" Calum asks.

"I am going to visit my family and eat a whole pizza." I chuckle, that is the most Michael thing I've heard Michael say in a long time. 

"That's perfect for you Michael," Calum says smirking. 

"I know right," Michael responds, leaning back in his chair.

Just then, "Don't I get to answer too?" Ashton asks.

IT IS FINALLY OVER GUYS!! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE STORY! STAY TUNED FOR MY PART WITH THE STORIES I AM WORKING ON. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS WANT THOUGH! 

I want to thank anyone who actually read this whole thing. It was a wild ride for me, I seemed to constantly have writers block, and when I didn't have it I had no internet. I will be gone next week, but I should have my next book up around the 22nd. 

Thank you so much for reading this! I love you guys! BYE!