Chapter 19: A Day In The Life

Maya's POV

After the Beatles left, I collapsed on the rug. I wrapped my arms around my legs, hugging them to my chest and cried for a long time. I don't remember standing up and getting in the shower, but I was there, fully-clothed. My clothes were stuck to my skin and the water that had once been warm was now cold. I got out of the shower, and turned it off. I walked to my room, taking out a knit sweater that I used in winter and some pants. I took the wet clothes off and pulled the sweater and the pants on. I then went to the kitchen and got a bottle of vodka I kept for special occasions. I went back to my room and sat at the edge of the bed, opening the bottle and taking a swig. The liquor burnt my mouth and my throat but I didn't care. I took a few more swigs until I began to feel lightheaded and I curled up in my bed. The alcohol had shut off my mind. The thoughts were all blurry and I liked it that way. I closed my eyes, sighing and drifted off to sleep.

                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------

George's POV

I sat  in front of her door, I wasn't going anywhere. The boys left, one by one, Paul being the last one to leave. After I heard Paul's steps disappear I took the crunched up paper from my pocket and flattened it out. I read the letter a few times, making sure I wasn't reading things wrong and I shivered. Poor Maya.... I wonder why she wanted to be alone. I wouldn't want to face that alone... I didn't want to bother her though, so I just closed my eyes and relaxed, hoping that a few hours would pass fast and the boys would be back soon.

                                       ---------------------------------

Ringo's POV

I didn't know what was wrong with Maya but I knew that whatever it was, if she wanted to be alone we should leave her. I understood what wanting to be alone was...

                                            --------------------------------

John's POV

Why the hell do these things happen and I never notice? I'm never there to comfort her, ever. I always end up making mistakes, getting her high, getting her drunk. I have to make it up to her. And I know how.

I walked through many streets, until I found the shop Maya had taken us clothes-shopping when we first had arrived. Three incenses where lit by the doorway, perfuming the air with a heavy smell of cinammon and orange. Sitar music could be heard , and I smiled, George would have adored the shop right now. I went to find the records and got a Bob Dylan one and a Yarbids single '' I Wish You Would/ A Certain Girl''. I went to pay, the cashier was a short lad with long flowy brown hair and blue eyes. He had feathers sticking out of his hair and he was lighting more incense sticks. I handed him the records and he stared at me for a second.

'' Hey, man. Were you the one that came with the other three guys and Maya, the girl that works around the corner?''

''Erm.. yeah?'' I said cautiously

'' Yeah, well, you forgot these.'' he said, handing me a bag containing leather sandals. George. '' Oh, by the way, the Yardbirds record is incredibly groovy, that Jimmy Page sure know how to play.'' I nodded, taking the bag. '' You have a weird ressemblance to that dude, John Lennon, the one that's got all the girls crying.'' I smirked at the reference but became serious again. '' I think you've got me mixed up.'' I said. '' I'm not high, dude, you really look like him.'' he said, leaning closer and ripping off the wig.

'' HOLY KRISNA.'' he said. '' It's so nice to meet you, in person. Really. '' he said suddenly taking my hand and shaking it vigorously.

'' Yeah, yeah, alright. Nice meeting you too.''

'' Wait... You were with Maya, and the other three boys were... MAYA KNOWS THE BEATLES?'' he almost screamed.

'' Yeah... shh... Calm down, don't shout.'' I said '' Where do you know Maya from anyways?'' I asked, trying to keep my voice in a neutral tone and not betray my jealousy.

'' Oh...'' he looked embarrassed '' I've talked to her a few times, about music, and I see her walk home from the café...'' I narrowed my eyes. '' I was hoping I'd ask her out some day but...'' he almost whispered to himself. I cleared my throat, annoyed, and he snapped out of his thoughts. '' Sorry... Well, could you give me your autograph?'' he asked, excited again.

'' Yeah, sure.'' I said while I signed a piece of paper for him. '' What's your name?'' '' James.'' '' To James from John Lennon, that's alright?'' '' Hell Yeah.'' I took my bag and headed for the door, putting the wig on again.

'' Peace and love dude.'' he screamed from the counter. I nodded and headed outside, laughing, maybe the incense had affected his brain cells or something...

                                                      ------------------------------------

Paul's POV

I went on looking for flowers.. I sneaked into a garden and pulled out some daisies, trying to stay hidden. I wanted to offer flowers to my girl, ma Maya, She's not yours. She will be. Optimistic, aren't we? It doesn't hurt to wish and hope. Very true, dear Norman, very true. I want her to love me. Flowers are a good way to start. Game on. I wonder if John will play fair. If he doesn't, I'm not playing fair either. No Norman, you have to play fair. It's the noble thing.

I decided the daisies weren't enough so I went inside a candle-lit flower shop, buying a bouquet of roses and lilies. She'll love these. Probably.