Chapter 27: Nowhere Man

Paul's POV

I slept poorly for the few hours. My head started throbbing as soon as I set my head on my pillow, so I dived in and out of sleep, awakened by the pain.

Bloody hell, my head hurts. Thy head hurts? Please don't talk like Shakespeare, I'm begging you. Thou art so daft. I'm you, bloody idiot. And this again. Well if you haven't understood it completely I believe this is going to be back until you accept that I can't shut up because I'm you. I got you to talk normal, ha. Sod off Paul. You're not usually this mean... Well, I've changed. Can you get high on pain? Why? Because I think I am...

                                                        -------------------------------

John's POV

 She hugged me as she repeated happily that Paul was alright. I hugged her too and smiled and laughed, but my heart wasn't really in it. I felt like something had changed, and some sort of sadness washed through me, but I tried to smile.

                                                       -----------------------------

George's POV

Maya was acting so weird... She'd just gone from sad, to cheerful, to sad and worried and now she was just plainly giggling away like a toddler. 

Birds are weird. Really weird.

I shrugged and went to the kitchen, making myself an egg sandwich. Ringo pulled up a stool and sat beside me.

''Can you make me one?'' he asked, yawning and I nodded.

''Well... we found Paul.'' he said, yawning again

''Yep.'' I said and then added. '' Do you know what's up with Maya? She's all giggly and it looks like she's high.''

''Isn't it obvious?''

'' What's obvious?'' I asked, curious

''George, you haven't noticed?'' he said, with an amused look on his face

''Noticed what? What's there to notice?'' I insisted while I finished making the egg sandwiches. Ringo laughed and I threw his sandwich at him.

''Never mind George, you'll see.'' he said, winking and taking a bite.

''I should have poisoned that sandwich when I had the chance.'' I told him sarcastically and he winked. I ignored him and tried to eat my sandwich but the curiosity to know what happened to Maya wouldn't let me concentrate on my food. I set it down and sighed, heading to the balcony and trying to meditate again.

 ----------------------------

Paul's POV

'' Maya's coming to see you in the morning.'' he said in a glum voice and I jumped a little as he woke me.

''You can't sleep?'' I said lightly, annoyed.

''No.'' he responded,  shrugging

''Why didn't you ever tell her?'' I said

'' What do you like about her?'' he said, avoiding my question

''Why?''

''Just answer.''

'' I like her. She's something. She can sing, she can play the piano, she can make me feel things that I've never felt before, she has an incredible taste in litterature, she likes the same things that I do. She's beautiful, she's nice, she's smart. When she was crying because of her mother, I was so heartbroken as she didn't want any of us with her, and then you appeared, and I was so jealous and, I think I may have commited some mistakes...But I'm not giving up, I like her, I think I even love her.''

''Tell me one song that she loves. What's her favorite book. ''

''La Vie en Rose. Alice in Wonderland.''

''Oh, Krishna, you really do love her, don't you?'' he adds, his face growing somber with acknowledgement. I can't really nod, but I try. ''

''If you hurt her, I swear that you'll regret it.''

'' I won't. She doesn't even like me that way.''

He grumbles something I can't catch and then he shuts up again. I feel my eyelids getting heavy and I fall asleep without thinking twice.