Be Alright. (a Justin Bieber story) *Chapter 10*

• Dedicated to To anyone who has ever been bullied. IT GETS BETTER.

THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST INTERESTING CHAPTER I WILL EVER WRITE ...for now.

Enjoy!

Goal:

~6 comments

~6 votes

---

// Two days later //

•Nevaeh•

“Bye Nev! Have a great day,” Miley calls and waves good-bye, before driving out of the parking lot.

“Bye Miles!” I call to her and then laugh running up to where Madison was waiting. She gives me a hug and I return it, smiling as we walk in the front doors.

“So, if Justin Bieber is your dad, then why does Miley drive you here and drop you off?” Madison asks and I laugh.

“My dad’s on tour and he wanted me to go to school and make friends, so he called Miley and she said that I could stay with her before meeting up with Justin in London next month,” I smile and Madison nods her head. She thinks that it’s pretty cool that Justin Bieber is my dad, and she promised me that she would never use me for fame. Madison’s really sweet and kind, I’m just really lucky to have her as a friend. We turned the corner and walked down the hallway that led us to our lockers. “I’d have to ask Miley, but would you want to sleepover at my place?” I asked, just as we were nearing our lockers. I noticed that there were a bunch of people around my locker and I was confused. They saw me coming, so the group moved out of the way and I saw what they had done. I felt tears in my eyes as I looked over everything.

Why would they do this?

They had covered my locker with paper, that were calling me rude names and had just all these put-downs and insults written all over. The papers said “slut”, “whore”, “bitch”, “nerd”, “un-wanted”, “die in a ditch”, “loser” and so many other terrible things. Tears started streaming down my face as I read what was on each piece of paper.

“Nevaeh!” I heard Madison call my name while I turned around and bolted down the hall. I heard them all laughing. I heard them all yelling names at me while I ran down the hallway and I just couldn’t believe that they would do this. I passed Luke when I was running down the hall, and he followed me. I ended up running outside to where the portables were and hid behind the last one. Luke sat beside me and wrapped an arm around me, trying his best to comfort me.

“Nev. Nev, it’s gonna be alright. They’re all just jealous that your life got turned around in the best way possible. Your dad is Justin Bieber, world famous pop-star. His girlfriend is Taylor Swift, a world famous pop-country singer and songwriter. You know Usher, Katy Perry, Boyz II Men, Kevin Hart, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and whole bunch of other people, who were obviously excited to meet you because of what your dad said to them. That’s just a dream to the kids here. If their favourite celebrity knew about how they’re treating you right now, that celebrity would be disappointed and ashamed to have a fan like that. Nevaeh, you’re smart, pretty, talented and way better person than those kids will ever be. And scratch that “pretty” part, you’re beautiful! You’re beautiful on the inside and on the outside. People would kill to be like that. If putting you down is the only way for them to feel better, then they aren’t worth your time,” Luke says, playing with my hair. I look up at him, looking straight into his eyes.

“Do you really think that I’m beautiful?” I asked and Luke blushes slightly.

“Yeah. Yeah I do think you’re beautiful. You’re probably the most beautiful girl I know,” He says and then before I know it, he crashes his lips against mine and kisses me. I smile and kiss him, running a hand through his hair. When I pull away, I realize something. That was my first kiss. Luke Bryans, the most popular kid at school, is my first kiss. Luke takes my hand in his and intertwines his fingers between mine. “Come on, I have a group of kids to stand up to and a girlfriend to break up with,” He smiles and I laugh, grabbing my bag as I got up and followed him back into the school.

When we arrive in the hallway that has our lockers, I hear someone yell, “Oh hey look! It’s the un-wanted slut!” And that just breaks me again. I want to turn and run back outside to the portables, but Luke’s grip on my hand is signaling that I’m not going anywhere.

“Listen up!” He yells and everyone turns their heads to look in our direction. “So I see what you’ve done to Nevaeh’s locker. I see that. I also saw how she reacted afterwards, and in what world is it appropriate to treat someone like their worthless? Like they aren’t a human being with feelings? I’ll tell you in which world that this is appropriate … IN NONE OF THEM. How would you feel if we all turned on you and called you names like “slut” or “whore” or told you that you’re a “loser”, “un-wanted”, or even “worthless”? You’d feel terrible, right? Well, take that feeling and then imagine you’re the new kid at school, like Nevaeh is. Would you want to be hurt like this, on your third day at a place that you’re just beginning to know?” Luke says and looks at everyone straight in the eye. They all shake their heads and he continues. “You probably think that words don’t hurt as much as punches or physical abuse, but that’s a lie. If anything, words probably hurt more than any punch ever could. Negative words can cause someone to actually believe that they’re worthless or un-wanted. Kids can hurt themselves or even kill themselves because of stuff like this. If you’re gonna call Nevaeh un-wanted, worthless or un-loved, just remember this,” Luke turns and kisses me on the lips … in front of everyone. “Her dad loves her. Her dad’s girlfriend loves her. Her best friends love her and most of all, I love her. So if you ever think that you’ll get to do this again, you better watch out and sleep with one eye open.” He finishes and we walk away, heading someone private so that we can talk and everyone can think about what Luke had just said.

I hug him tightly and feel tears streaming down my face. “Thank you, Luke. I know my dad, Miley or Madison would’ve done the same. But it really means a lot coming from you,” I say and Luke wipes away the tears on my cheeks.

“I’m sure anyone that you know would stand up for you,” He says, looking down at the ground and blushing slightly. I smile and just hug him.

I don’t deserve anything that’s happened to me in my life, but everything happens for a reason.

And I guess God has something special planned for me.