Ch.1

"Avery this is the dumbest thing you have ever made me do." I crossed my arms, huffing as I watched the pushy girl make a bee line towards the entrance of the Cicada Restaurant. I dragged my feet in trace of her footsteps.

Multiple people swarmed around the building, some of them screamed and some of them just talked at a constant rate. Avery had mentioned earlier that she absolutely had to eat here for, and I quote, "the most important reason in the whole wide world!" And that reason was that Harry Styles was rumored to be having lunch at this specific restaurant.

I can't lie and say I'm not a little excited either, after listening to Avery constantly boast about him, I did my research purely out of curiosity and boredom; the man has his word cut out for him when people say he is everything good from the 70s and up shoved into one; the start of a beautiful history lesson, hotter than texas and florida combined and a face no one could say no to sitting on. Set aside from his good looks, I've never found it in myself to put energy into being a part of a fandom.

I walked in having to push passed multiple people just to reach Avery.

"Avery I don't understand how we're going to get in, celebrity's go here! Last time I checked we're not celeb-"

"Reservation for two, Reynolds." She chimed In and smiled as the hostess lead us to a table.

"Calm down Luna, celebrity's are normal people as are we, therefore we can eat here." She smiled and sat down making herself more than comfortable.

"All you gotta do is keep calling for a reservation until a spot opens up."

I scoffed smacking her arm lightly. "Ow! What? It's the L.A. lifestyle, why are you even surprised?"

I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair, watching as a primped guy in a monkey suit walked over holding a cloth and a champagne bottle.

"May I interest you in a glass of champagne, it's our finest." He kept a straight face looking directly at Avery as she tapped her index finger on her chin.

"Do you by any chance have a cheaper champagne. You know like the one that says Michelle on the label?"

I snorted at her question and the fact that she was one hundred percent serious, this caused the waiter to frown and stand up straight. "I don't know, I'll have to check where we keep our chicken nuggets and Ben and Jerry's Ice cream." He responded and hummed as he walked away. I continued to laugh and all Avery could do was sit there confused.

"Aves, you just insulted this entire place by asking for a $10 bottle of champagne," I explained to her.

She shrugged, "they're lucky I'm even spending my money here. The least they can do is bring me what I want."

The waiter came back with in fact the cheap bottle Avery had asked for and poured our glasses for us, it seemed like such torture for him just to be the only holding it. He quickly set the bottle down along with our menus and disappeared. "What exactly do people get out of being deliberately judged in a place like this?" I said as I opened the menu and sat it upright.

I peered over the menu, staring at Avery with wide eyes. She glanced at me then back to her menu, biting the inside of her cheek to keep her from smiling. "Can you not be so childish! God damn, kids these days."

"What!-" I laughed and set my menu down. "You're two years older than me, I don't think 22 suffices as a child's age."

She rolled her eyes and took a sip of her drink. "Ah, cheap champagne at its finest." Chuckling we clinked our glasses together and downed what was left of the sweet liquid then poured ourselves another glass.