Ch. 28

HARRY'S POV

I was nervous. Patiently waiting just to see her waltz through the door, my fingertips tapping against the glass I held.

Tonight was the release party, and it meant everything that she was coming, but at the same time, one song she couldn't hear until the 19th and I was trying to plot a clever way to get her to not hear it.

Although, I can't imagine it'll be too difficult considering we'd both pushed the button of desire till it was near broken.

6 more days and I was going to be a hot mess in front of a million people. And the one that counted most was going to witness it!

Well, two. Avery would be mad if I left her out.

I chuckled to myself; somehow I landed into a crazy friendship and yet I couldn't see my life without either of them.

"Harry!!"

Speak of the devil.

"Avery!!"

The optimistic girl threw an arm around me and patted my back as she sighed. "I'll never get tired of knowing you."

I chuckled and gave her a hug. "Its always a pleasure."

"Listen, I know I'm awesome, but I need a drink. And I know! You've got something stronger than a rich divorcees champagne."

I furrowed my eyebrows, scoffing and laughing. I swear, sarcasm is these girls first language. "Booze is on the counters, but I-"

"She's somewhere by the door, if not outside," Avery cut me off and made a beeline straight for the alcohol. I let out a huff and sipped my drink.

I towered over people to see if I could spot her beyond the crowd, looking around closest corners of the front. She seemed a little more difficult to find this time, and It wasn't helping having to push passed people.

I swallowed the last of my drink, tugging on the collar of my shirt. Pure nervousness pouring out of my body. I thought the alcohol would calm it a little but not this time.

I sighed, just as two bodies moved, creating a clear path.

And there she was.

A perfect berm, clear across. God she made my heart stop.

I had to hold my chest, leaning against a wall just incase my knees buckled. As cheesy as it was, she was breathtaking in her entirety and I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face. She may have thought she was average, but to me, you could pick her out of the sky like the most beautiful constellation you'd ever seen.

There she crouched, giving her full attention to happy. I could never remember who's dog he was, but he was always here. Her smile seemed brighter and brighter every time we'd meet.

I set my scotch glass down and cleared my throat, making my way to her.

It felt like everything was moving in slow motion, like the movies. My heart beating faster and harder the closer I got. I took a deep breath.

"Should I be hurt that you chose to interact with Happy before me?"

Her eyes flickered to mine. That was it. I was lost.

Her face lit up, the dimple in her cheek carved to perfection. She stood up, Hardly matching my height, but still refusing to let it knock her confidence. She stood as tall as she could, a strand of hair falling in front of her face.

"Dogs are better company than people, its scientifically proven."

I couldn't help a grin, her hands fiddling. I presssed my lips to her cheek, the feeling of being close to her erupting every single feeling in my body.