Ch. 19

"Well, it's broken. You seem to have snapped it exactly in the middle."

I sighed, annoyance clear in my expression and impatience leaking from my body. It had nothing to do with my arm.

As simple as I can put it, I really dislike hospitals. I could never sit still and wait for hours and hours just to be told of information I could put together myself, and then charged a large amount of money for it.

But, Harry insisted we'd come here after he noticed the curving shape of my arm.

And in the wake of that moment, I tried so very hard to convince Harry to let me wait it out, and see if it would heal on its own.

I even tried to sex him up a bit; it was the only thing that came close to working before his penis miraculously inverted and he grew a vagina.

It was pretty clear I was displeased with the entire situation and Harry was on the receiving line for punishing attitude.

I sat up, one arm crossed and the other in a cast. I looked at Harry, who was speaking to the doctor about how to help.

Smug bastard could've helped by saving me the money.

"So how did this happen again?"

I looked at the doctor and huffed. "Well, it all started when we were having sex, and Harry here was struggling to, you know, raise the daisy- ow!"

Harry smacked my leg and brought his hand to his face, both men beat red from an over share of false information.

"She slipped on an egg yolk."

The doctor nodded, clearing his throat.

"I uh, just keep it dry. If it hasn't healed by your next check up then we'll have to do surgey," he handed me a a small thing of papers and turned to Harry before leaving.

"We do have medications for things like," his eyes averted downwards causing Harry to groan.

"I don't have that issue."

I couldn't help but snort a little as the doctor shrugged and left the room.

"Luna, that's not funny," he stood in front of me, my legs dangling over the bed.

"I thought it was," I chuckled again and sighed.

"Was this really necessary," I queried, or complained more like. He shook his had and giggled as he held my free hand.

"You would've never been able to just wait that out, love. And fortunately for you, I'd love to keep my girlfriend in one piece."

My heart fluttered for a brief second, my eyes meeting his.

"Your girlfriend, huh?

He blushed and scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"I mean- well I just figured- ideally maybe," I chuckled, amused at seeing him flustered for a change.

"Harry, relax. Man, you act like I'm saying no."

He took a deep breath and chuckled, shoving my shoulder.

"Ah, Har!" I laughed while a shockwave of pain shot through my arm. Like hitting your funny bone.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry," he apologizes profusely, frantic at the mere sight of me in the smallest amount of torment.

I continued to laugh, standing to my feet and wrapping my arm around him.

As we both stood there quietly, I felt the thump of his heartbeat slow down, and his arms snake around my small body.