Ch. 21

HARRYS POV

"Ah good morning!" Avery bounced on her heels, waltzing into the kitchen cheerfully.

"Well, good morning to you too, coffee?"

She gratefully accepted as I began to pour her a cup until she deemed it good.

"Is Luna still asleep?"

I nodded and handed her creamer. "She was up pretty early this morning, thought I'd leave her be. She needs all the sleep she can get."

My eyes darted to her as she began to chuckle.

"It's weird you say that."

Confused, I took a sip of my coffee and pulled foods out of the fridge, waiting for her to further explain.

"Why's that then?" I queried impatiently.

"Well, I was up with her this morning. And I asked her if she woke you up, and she said that knowing your life, you need all the sleep you can get." She let out a giggle and gulped her coffee as she scrolled through her phone.

I smiled, because regardless of the tough girl facade she had tossed up in front of everyone, she was quite a sweetheart underneath, and it was everything to me.

Turning the stove on, I threw some bacon into a pan and waited for it to heat up.

"Hey, how come you and Luna do that uh gift shop thing?"

She set her phone down and looked at me, yawning and drinking her coffee. Her facial expression was hard to read, like she was thinking of what to say.

"You know how she kind of just...hates hospitals. Which isn't the word she would use but its exactly that."

I drew my eyebrows into a pinch and shrugged in acknowledgement. She had put up some fight when I made her go.

"Yeah, well it's for good reason." She said, speaking with a small amount of hesitance.

"When she first started her job, this boy wandered off into the water, and came extremely close to losing the small amount of life he lived. Luna pulled him out of the water and did CPR for about 30 minutes, nothing stopped her from trying to bring him back."

I sipped my coffee, intently listening to the story and trying to piece together where the hatred for hospitals came in.

"After she got him to cough up most of the water, she brought him to the hospital and they made her wait to bring the kid in because to them, he wasn't dying so it wasn't an emergency. What they didn't realize is that he still had some water in his lungs and it started to affect his breathing.

They didn't bring him in until Luna lashed out at them. But they still made her wait to see him because technically she wasn't related to him."

I took every bit of information in with Luna close to my heart.

"I sat with her all night, and to keep her calm, I made her a deal that anytime one of us ended up at the hospital, we'd pick the strangest thing from the gift shop, that way we'd in a way have eachother and get a gift in the end," she finished her thought with a chuckle at the lighted memory.

I watched as she gulped her coffee and got up to get more, moving around the kitchen as I just stood in the way.

"Harry, you're burning the bacon."

"Oh fuck," I hurriedly set my coffee mug down and flicked the meat out of the pan. Surely enough it was burnt, to a crisp. I sighed and turned the burner down, then put some more bacon in, making sure to keep an eye on it.

"So, what happened to the kid?" I queried, intrigued in Lunas life.

"Hm? Oh uh- he still goes to lessons. Him and Luna are pretty close actually. He's a sweet kid, and probably the only person she would put her trust in besides me and her parents." She smiled and sat back down in her seat.

I rotated my bacon throughout the pan and thought to myself. The more Avery spoke about Lunas past, the more things seemed to make sense.

"Avery, are you talking about Flynn?"

Her attention snapped to me but before she could speak, Lunas voice entered the conversation. The both of us fell quiet and averted our gaze to her.

"Hey...what're you guys talking about?"

I cleared my throat, unsure if it was something I was supposed to know about.

"I was telling him what I wanted for breakfast, since he's going to be be our personal cook now." Avery lied with ease, which means I shouldn't know.

I scrunched up my face and laughed. "Yeah you wish."  I said as I looked at Luna. She looked distressed, and to be honest quite annoyed.

I walked over to her and kissed the top of her head, then her lips.

"Good morning love, you alright?"

Her face had been stuck in a scowl, until her eyes reached mine. In a second, it had dissolved into a softer expression, tired but she still managed to smile.

I pressed my lips to a thin line and brushed her hair behind her ear.

She breathed out and leaned her head against my chest. Her body relaxing as I wrapped my arms around her. She stayed silent, standing there without a single exchange of words.

I waited until she was ready to be let go, and once she was, she released and walked to the kitchen.

Following suit, I had her sit down and poured her a cup of coffee, then gave her a plate of food. 

"Hows your arm feeling?" I asked in hopes to get something out of her.

She shrugged and shoved a piece of bacon into her mouth.

"It's okay, I've dealt with it before, it's nothing new."

Once again I was at a loss, "what?"

She looked at me and pressed her lips to a thin line. "This is the third time I've broken my arm. First time was from surfing, second time was right before it fully healed and I had fallen on it. I'm pretty breakable," she chuckled and continued to eat.

At this point I was competely taken back. Mostly at the fact that someone could break one bone as much as she has.

All she did was laugh it off, and suddenly her and Avery had started reminiscing about those moments.

All I could do was sit back and listen as I made breakfast. It was strange but almost relieving to see them keep things like this jovial.

I didn't doubt it coming from Luna, she always found a way to make things easy going, and I absolutely loved that about her.

I handed Avery a plate of food and served myself.

Sitting down, I watched the two, smiling at their odd behavior. And Luna.

I had come to the realization that she wasn't, how do you say it, all that in a bag of chips?

She wasn't a model following her dream in the setting of L.A.

She wasn't a trying actress, and when I first met her she was more concerned about her spit ball than my attention, and was probably the first person to give me a fake name. The memory made me smile. I pinched my lower lip, admiring her from where I sat.

I loved everything about her. She wasn't every mans dream, she was my reality.

______________________________________

I tried to update last night!! I got stuck in a suuuper long line of traffic and my phone died!

I didn't get home until 1am, but since I missed the yesterday mark, I'll update again later on.

Quick Q! Do you guys want a minor description somewhere in the story of Luna, or do you prefer that it's just left to your imagination?

Much love!! Hope all is well💛