Ch. 5

|NOT EDITED|

"Okay, now push yourself up and plant your feet firmly on the board."

I watched as Avery slowly did the cobra pose on her board and wobbled around as she attempted to stand. As soon as she got her footing, she stood up slowly. The look of shock took over face as she grinned, "oh my god I'm standing!" She squealed and threw her hands up, but as quick as did she fell back, the board slipping out from under her as her back hit the water.

I laughed and slapped my hand against my mouth as her head surfaced to the water. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me, scowling as I let out a slight snort. "Why are you laughing!" She splashed water in my direction causing me to flinch and laugh more as I splash her back. A devilish grin took over her face as she dove under water quickly, and before I could move, my board flipped under me and I disappeared under water. I came back up quickly and choked up water. She giggled as I glared at her, climbing back onto my board.

She did the same, swinging one leg over the side like one would straddle a horse. "So, do you want to see a movie tomorrow after work?"

I tucked a loose strand of hair back into my bun and planted my hands onto the board. "I can't actually, I'm going out." Her eyebrows quirked as her arms crossed over one another. "Going out where? Why didn't I know this?"

I shrugged, "Just forgot to mention it I guess."

She hummed and a silence grew between us. I watched the water, waiting for a wave to rise.

"Who ya goin out with," she queried nosily. I looked at her and chewed on my bottom lip, "just a friend."

"Is this friend a boy? With a certain accent and good looks like no other named Harry Styles?" At the mention of his name my lips curled up into a smile. Her mouth fell a gape, throwing her hands into the air crazily. "You're going out with him tomorrow night and you didn't tell me!!"

I laughed, "you know, I don't know why I kept it from you. How crazy of me." I rolled my eyes and shrugged. She agreed with my sarcastic comment completely oblivious to the fact that I was joking. One thing she was known for was her lacking in observation.

"Avery, it's just a date to make up for the failed one."

"Failed one my ass, he took care of you like a Queen," she extended the 'e' in the word queen and held her hands together, squeezing her eyes shut.

"He was being polite, obviously his parents raised him right."

"Everyone knows Anne raised him right, she's probably one of the greatest celebrity moms ever," She exclaimed to which I drew my eyebrows in a pinch. "You know his moms name?"

"Oh please as a fan it's my job to know these things about Harry. If you want I could-"

Before she could finish I cut her off by shaking my head. "No, I can learn things about him on my own. I'd prefer to hear from Harry about who he is and how he is. It's a little less creepy that way."

She scoffed, "its not creepy Luna its romantic. You just don't understand, god I feel like Charlotte from princess and the frog trynna talk to you about love. Don't be such a Tiana." I laughed lightly and crossed my arms.

"Avery you realize Tiana was only trying to work on making her dream come true. There's a lesson to that movie."

"Ah lesson smesson," she waved her hand in my face and sighed. "Guys are a dream."

I chuckled shaking my head and ignored whatever else she had to add on. A grin quickly made its way to my face as I hushed her.

"Lets go ride the waves," I say as I start to paddle outwards. I could hear her groan and mumble slightly as she did the same. We both lay on our stomachs and work towards the tidal wave coming closer to us. Once the water started to rise under me I paddled harder and quickly planted the palms of my hands onto the board. Rising quickly to my feet, every ounce of focus had come together and my body became still and balanced.

My board glided with ease up and down the wave. Bringing my hand to the water, I felt a cold sensation run through my fingertips and nothing made me feel more at peace.

"What're you gonna wear?" Avery queried as she shoved noodles into her mouth.

I shrugged, furrowing my eyebrows. "Pair of jeans and a hoodie maybe."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes causing me to laugh. "Could you be any more of a bum!"

"Well i don't know! What do you think I should wear!" I let out a slight chuckle but deep down I was a nervous wreck. The day hasn't even come yet and I'm freaking out.

A devilish grin creeped its way onto her face. I shifted in my seat, knowing what was running through her mind.

"What time is your date tomorrow?"

I opened my mouth to answer but immediately withdrew. "Actually I don't know, he never specified. He just said see you then." She chuckled and sighed.

"Sounds like harry," she states to which I roll my eyes.

"You are strange."

"Yeah but that's why your friends with me, cuz I'm the only one who can match your weirdness."

I shrugged, not disagreeing with her seeing as though she was pretty much right. She was the only one I could be myself with, as far as I knew. There's a selected few others that I could be but it's more natural with Avery. We finished our food and cleaned up. Both of us plopped down onto the couch and exhaled in unison.

"Friends?"

"Yep."

She reached for the remote and turned to the channel that constantly played episodes of friends. We sat in silence, hands crossed over our laps and slouched into the cushions lazily. This was our nightly routine, more or less like a consistent tradition. It was pretty great.

Minutes passed by as we watched, then Avery spoke up.

"So do you think you guys are gonna fuck?"

"Avery oh my god!" I laughed and smacked her with a pillow. She laughed and squealed.

————————————————————
I don't really have an excuse for being late on an update but I am sorry!!!!

It's short but it's kind of a filler.🤷‍♀️

I started my senior year of HS and I think I'm ready for summer, it's not that bad though. I have 3-4 classes every day so it's as simple as it gets. I hope you guys are having a great start! If you are in school😂💜

-K🌻