Ch. 8

Alright, so maybe my subconscious nun couldn't deny Harry either.

He spent the whole car ride doing little things that evoked the sexual repression within me. He couldn't see it, but my face was as red as a cherry.

His hand was set on my thigh, the coldness of his rings causing my leg to twitch slightly. His fingers traced patterns against my skin, leaving a tingly sensation wherever they touched. Now it could just be me, and the mere fact that I haven't been active in the last few months, but for the sake of his presence, I will say everything about him simply will not allow me to refuse.

Harrys hand would trail up my leg and then back down to its original place, it was painfully agonizing to say the least and it only made the desire much stronger.

We pulled up to the apartments, lights beaming through the window of mine. If Avery was awake, my whole mindset of letting him have his way would have to be postponed. There's no way she'd leave me to it, she's that annoying.

"I'll walk you up," Harry says as he opens the door of the car for me.

I smile, taking his hand and standing up.  "Would you maybe want to come in for a drink," I queried, walking beside him.

"I would love to."

There wasn't a moment he didn't have a smile planted on his face. I couldn't help but adore that aspect about him.

We made our way into the apartment, the tv lighting up most of the living room. From the couch, a small head popped up, like a meerkat. I furrowed my eyebrows and squinted, hoping to enhance my vision.

"About time you guys came back," Avery pipes up and throws her blanket off of her. I rolled my eyes and laughed slightly, flicking on the kitchen light.

"Were you waiting for us to come back?" I set my keys on the counter and searched through our pantry for something that wasn't champagne or wine. I think I've had my fair share this last week or so.

"No of course not...I was waiting for Harry."

A cheeky smile spread across her face as I scoffed, to which Harry chuckled and threw an arm around her.

"Good thing too, I had high hopes you'd await my show." Avery blushed, and as confident as she'd like to be, I don't think the fangirl inside her would allow it.

As the two carried on conversation, I managed to dig up a bottle of tequila. Not the best choice of drink, and I could try to salvage it with whatevers in the fridge, but I was too lazy so it'll do.

Grabbing three glasses, I began to pour an even amount of liquor into each. I watched as Avery went on to talk about the finer things in her life, and admired the fact that Harry sat, intently listening to every word she said, speaking to assure her that he was giving her his fullest attention.

I smiled at his trivial attempt, asking her about things like what her hometown was like and the traditions there and even about her dog she had when she was nine. He questioned things that most people would find meaningless, but he knew those details were important to her, automatically making it a necessity for him to know.

I passed a glass to both of them. Harry picked up his and took a swig, immediately withdrawing and averting his eyes to the liquid. His face scrunched up in disgust as he swallowed what he had in his mouth.

"Is that tequila?"

I laughed and nodded holding up the bottle. "It was all I could find that wasn't wine or champagne."

He exhaled and squeezed his eyes shut, like he was holding a lemon slice between his teeth.

Avery downed her drink and slapped his back. "Don't be a pussy, take it like a real woman." She was more the party type, and she had no shame in pressuring people to drink until they became forgetful of the nights events, she also had a strange way with words that even made you believe you should drink. Which ironically is the exact way she managed to get a job.