009. dinner date

"Jenny, I need help!" Indigo screams.

It was "date" night, and she was practically having a nervous breakdown. 16 year old Indigo would've probably burned the house down by now.

Jenny groaned. "What?"

"Does this look okay?" She asked, after trying on at least twenty outfits. Maybe the twenty first time is the charm?

"It looks FINE!" Jenny says, tired of her best friend overreacting over something so silly.

Indigo sighed. "You don't seem very supportive."

"I'm fine, have fun." Jenny assured, and she went back to her room. Something was wrong though, and Indigo didn't realize it yet.

Moments later, Tom knocked on her door, with flowers in hand. "Indie! It's me!"

Indigo ran to the door, almost falling multiple times in the process. She took a deep breath, and answered the door. "Hi."

"Woah." Tom said, amazed. He scanned her up and down, admiring her outfit.

"What?" She asked.

"You look amazing." He said, blown away by how she put herself together just for him.

"It's whatever, I just threw it together. Let's go!"

•••

Tom took Indigo to a cute, 50's themed restaurant, where the waitresses wore roller skates and people shared a milkshake with two straws.

Fancy wasn't exactly Indigo's thing, and Tom remembered that. Plus, he knew she enjoys a good burger.

They were immediately sat down at a booth, where the view was perfectly in front of them. "Wow, I wasn't expecting this."

Tom smiled. "Nothing but the best for Indigo Rivera." The way he said her last name had her feeling some type of way, like she could listen to him all night.

As their date went on, they scarfed down burgers and fries and talked for practically 2 hours. But Indigo had a big question that desperately was in need of an answer.

"Tell me, out of every girl, why me?" Indigo was oblivious that Tom was madly into her. It wasn't a slight crush.

"Because you're the most marvelous girl I've ever met." He confessed.

Her eyes lit up. "Really?"

"Your laugh, how you walk in the room and everyone has their eyes mesmerized on you. I love how when you wake up your eyes flutter like an angel. I'm into you, Indie."

Taken aback by his words. "I'm-"

But, before Indigo could say anything, the waiter handed them the check.

"I got this." Tom smacked a $50 bill onto the table and reached out his hand. "Let's go."

•••

Tweet

@tomholland1996: 🍽

•••

They walked back to Indigo's apartment, while looking at some New York City sights on the way. Once reaching her apartment, Tom had one thing he was dying to do.

He leaned towards her, aiming for a kiss. Indigo realized what was about to happen, her first kiss.

She was always last out of all her friends, and of course she was last to achieve this. But, she prevented the moment she was dying for to actually happen.

"I've never been kissed!" She blurted, and Tom froze.

He stood up straight, and took a moment to process what's he was just told. "You've never been kissed?"

"I know it's stupid-"

Tom put his hand on her shoulder, reassuring it's fine. "It's not stupid, relax."

She took a sigh of relief. "I just want it to be special, ya know?"

He felt a tiny bit offended, but he understood the feeling. He had been in her shoes before, just like everyone else. "I get it."

"I'll, um, see you. Goodnight." Indigo quickly said and ran into her apartment building, leaving Tom in the middle of the street.

•••

YALL THAT HAPPENED OMG MY MIND