042. thanksgiving

The plan was to have dinner with Indigo's family, and after meeting Papa Rivera, Tom wasn't particularly looking forward to it

He was practically scarred for life after what he went through. That man was scary, and he scared the shit out of Tom.

They drove to Indigo's childhood home in Brooklyn, with Diego in the backseat. It was just going to be the four of them, which was completely okay with Tom.

Indigo finally got to drive for once, mainly because Tom has no idea where the hell he's going. "Are we there yet?"

She grunted. "Diego, I won't hesitate to crash this car so NONE of us will get an amazing meal made by papa."

"Oh, your dad is making dinner?" Tom asked. Indigo nodded. "Always."

Tom awkwardly chuckled. Let's hope he doesn't try to poison me.

"Tom, our papa makes the best homemade stuffing. If it was crack, I'd be a fucking addict." Diego said, which was definitely a weird description for stuffing.

"I've never had stuffing, or celebrated thanksgiving."

Diego felt a little stupid. "Oh yeah! I forgot."

"Okay, we're here!"

•••

13.2 million likes
@tomholland2013: first thanksgiving with this shorty 🍗

View 100,329 comments

@hazosterfield: I shall pray

@zendaya: oh my god he's adapting to American culture

@username: y'all ROASTING Tom 😭😭

•••

"Papa!" Indigo called out, then her father emerged from the kitchen, wearing an apron.

"Welcome home!" Rafael said. He hugged Indigo and Diego, and when he approached Tom, he froze.

"Should I like give a hug-"

"Tom, hug him!" Indigo whisper yelled.

Tom hugged Rafael, also known as Papa Rivera, and felt more welcomed compared to when they first met.

"Dinner should be ready in a hour. Go watch tv or something. And Indigo before you ask, yes, you can set up the table."

"Yay!" Indigo cheered. Tom had never someone so excited to set up the table in his entire life. No wonder why his mother loves her.