011. tense

The awkwardness finally died down on set. Things were normal between Tom and Indigo, but something was about to unravel.

"Tom, Indigo, we're doing the kissing scene tomorrow. Prepare yourselves, and your breath." Indigo couldn't believe what was happening. Her first kiss was gonna be on set? That was the last thing she wanted at the moment.

Tom went to initiate a conversation to ease the tension. "So, we're gonna kiss..."

"Mhm." As much Indigo liked Tom, kissing him in front of the cast and crew was way too awkward for her own good.

"I look forward to it." He says. Oh yeah, he was definitely looking forward to it.

•••

PRIVATE CONVO
Indie 💙 [Indigo]
Jen 🌻 [Jenny]

Indie 💙
UM
IM FREAKING OUT

Jen 🌻
What's wrong?

Indie 💙
I HAVE TO KISS TOM !!
FOR A SCENE
TOMORROW

Jen 🌻
SKENWKDJKEJE
WHAT

Indie 💙
IM SCARED BECAUSE
I LIKE HIM IN A WAY
BUT ITS SO WEIRD

Jen 🌻
Girl it's just a kiss
R e l a x

Indie 💙
MY FIRST KISS

Jen 🌻
Lemme snatch it for
you then
Make it less intense
and meaningful

Indie 💙
Nope I'm good

Jen 🌻
Suit yourself with Spidey

•••

Indigo cursed to herself. Things were going so well, damn you writers. A couple weeks back, Tom took her to see Waitress the musical, and things definitely seemed normal. It was like the almost-kiss was nothing but a distant memory.

She could barely focus on her scenes, and she was even told to take a break. The girl went to her trailer to have a moment to make sense of everything, but a knock erupted.

"Come in!" She yelled. The door opened to reveal none other than Harrison, and she already knew what he was going to bring up.

"Cheer up, you get to kiss him. What's wrong with that?" Honestly, what is wrong with that?

Indigo sighed. It was finally time to admit it out loud. "Harrison, I think I have feelings for him."

Harrison had a mini celebration in his head, finally. "Okay, what's the deal then? Tom clearly likes you."

"Because I'm scared!"

He sat down next to Indigo. "Scared?"

She went on to tell the story of her first "boyfriend", and how she was practically scarred for life from it.

•••

(Flashback)

Sophomore year, Indigo remained single while her friends had boyfriends and girlfriends. But one day, someone asked her to be his girlfriend. His name was Matt Hicks, practically the most popular boy in school. What was a boy like him asking out a girl like Indigo?

Turns out it was all a joke.

"Did you seriously think I would wait for you? I have girls who are willing to do way more than you, especially hotter girls." He said, laughing with no remorse.

Indigo just wanted to take things slow, but an asshole like him didn't have the heart for that. She didn't go to school for a week after that, pretending she was sick. She was practically scarred for life.

•••

"I haven't been that close to a guy since. Tom might be my saving grace." Indigo was in tears at that point, it wasn't the best story to tell.

"Tom would never hurt you like that. Guys like Matt are just gonna live in their parents basement and die alone." Those words made her laugh a little, cheering her up.

She wiped away some tears. "I really needed that. Thanks, Harrison."

"Anything for Tom's number one girl."

•••

PRIVATE CONVO
Tommy Boy [Tom]
Haz [Harrison]

Haz
Break Indigo's heart or
you're dead

Tommy Boy
Woah there pal

Haz
I'm just saying
She's been through
some shit

Tommy Boy
What?

Haz
I think she'll tell you
when the time is right

•••

In fact, Indigo did later that night. Tom hugged her tighter than ever before. Telling him finally made her realize:

She definitely wanted him in her life.

•••

I got no tears left to cry after writing this omg