053. mi amor

Valentine's Day

11.4 million likes
@tomholland2013: Nobody takes my breath away like you do, happy Valentine's Day Indie 💙 I love you more than anything

View 136,021 comments

@indigoblue: you're so corny I love you

•••

Indigo never had a boyfriend to spend Valentine's Day with before, clearly. During her childhood, she would spend her evening by herself, watching a corny teen movie like 13 Going on 30 or Legally Blonde.

Once her mother died, her father spent those times with her, while Diego was out wooing girls at the mall. Eventually as she grew up, she'd eat pizza with Jenny and watch those same movies.

It never got old to her, it was a tradition at this point, but eventually traditions have to die. Jenny has a girlfriend, which is going well, and Indigo has Tom. Things were so different a year ago.

Indigo was willing to have a change, she just didn't know what that change was.

•••

10.9 million likes
@indigoblue: Thanks for putting up with me, I love you Tommy boy. 💞

View 124,293 comments

@tomholland2013: my caption was better but I love you more

•••

It was the middle of the day, and Tom had no idea what to do. He wanted to make things extra special for Indigo, but when doesn't he do that? He wanted to get reservations at this insanely popular restaurant, but he had no chance of getting one until next year.

So, he had nothing planned, and he felt like a shitty boyfriend. Tom had no idea how to tell Indigo, because he didn't want to let her down, but he had to do it anyway.

"Indie..."

"What?" Indigo looked up at him with the most innocent eyes.

"I wanted to take you out to a nice dinner because you deserve it, but I couldn't get a reservation til next year! Then I was like, "What am I gonna do? I'm the worst-"

"Lemme stop you right there." She said, grabbing onto his hand. "I have my tradition, duh."

He paused, feeling stupid. "Oh, right. I totally knew about that."

"I never told you about it, dummy." She giggled. "I used to do it by myself, then my dad had no choice but to join in, then in recent years it was just me and Jenny. Now I can do that tradition with you."

"What's the tradition?"

"I'll watch iconic rom-coms and eat pizza, nothing big." But to Tom, that was the cutest thing in the world, and he felt honored to be brought into the tradition.

"I love that." He said, a huge smile plastered on his face.

Her tradition didn't have to die, someone new just had to be brought in.

The rest of the night they watched every rom-com that Indigo enjoyed, and Tom loved every second of it. In fact, 13 going on 30 was his favorite out of them all.

Despite it being their first valentine's day as a couple, it was the best one for her. Indigo always wanted to have a significant other join in, and she was finally able to have it. She was glad Tom wasn't against it, how could he?

Maybe next year they'll do something different, but tonight was all that mattered right now.

•••

You can't deny that shit was cute