Chapter Seven

"I changed everything,
just for you."

---

My time with Jungkook in Paris had been weird.

It felt as if it wasn't real.

Okay, I wasn't explaining this right.

What I meant to say is that, being there alone with him, away from everybody else, felt like another world. As the days progressed, we actually had fun together, walking around the city and enjoying ourselves.

It also became completely natural to just reach out and kiss him when we were in public. We acted as magnets towards each other, just coming together as if nature itself had determined it that way.

The problem was, in those situations, I excused my behavior repeating to myself that we were in public and that was what we had to do. But when we were alone, I still wanted to do the same things, maybe even go further, but I couldn't. There was no one to watch, so there was no need to perform.

But I still wanted it.

I spent the rest of the trip holding myself back, trying not to ruin the friendship that had bloomed between us. If I suddenly became the clingy girl, fake marriage or not, I would end up spooking Jungkook away. Not to mention he once said he wouldn't be with me, not even if the world was caught on fire.

I forgave him, yes, but I didn't forget the words just because he had been acting nicer recently.

When my feet finally touched Korean soil, I sighed in contentment, thinking that those weird feelings would finally subside, being left in Paris along with that weird vibe between us.

I just forgot the fact that we were now married, and would obviously be living together. The thought that the fact only sank in when the cab he hired parked in front of his building, only had me wanting to dig a hole in the ground and bury myself, pausing life until I had everything figured out.

Which would be never, by the way things were looking.

As I stepped out onto the sidewalk, holding my coat around my arms and shivering from the cold wind, Jungkook got our luggage from the trunk of the car. A guy from the building's staff readily stepped out to help when he noticed who was outside, my husband giving him the suitcases and coming to my side, his arm hugging my shoulders and directing me into the lobby.

The elevator ride was silent as I held onto Jungkook, trying to keep warm. For his part, he kept me tight in his arms, rubbing his hand up and down my arm, trying to warm me up. Once the metal doors opened, we stepped into the penthouse.

Of course it's the penthouse, where else would Jeon Jungkook live?

After he was thanked for his help, the staff man stepped back inside the lift and left us alone.

Oh, oh.

- Do you want to order something? – asked Jungkook, breaking the silence and letting me go from his arms.

- No, I'm fine. – I answered, but then thought again. – Actually, I need to go get my things at my parents' house.

- No, you don't. – he said, smiling, and motioning for me to follow him up the stairs. – They had been delivered three days ago.

Stopping in front of the first door to the right on the hallway, he opened it to a white and comfy room. It was spacious and grand, the queen sized bed right in the center.