Chapter Ten

"I'm so sorry
but it's fake love"

---

Who on earth throws a freaking charity ball on a Tuesday?

I mean, come on. I had to leave the atelier earlier so I could get my hair done in time. Not to mention I still had to pick up my dress and Jungkook's tuxedo at the dry cleaners.

Ugh.

Taking a deep breath, I did my best to calm down and endure the task. Most women would be happy to sit here and have someone doll her up, but what I kept thinking about was the dress I was supposed to be working on and finishing by the weekend. And ...

- Ow!

- Sorry. - said the redhead, looking at me through the mirror.

Great, because all I need is for you to be burning me with the hairdryer.

Calm down, Hyejin. Deep breaths. Just some more minutes and you're free.

Except I wouldn't be. I had to pick up the clothes and go straight home, so the make-up woman could have barely enough time to get me ready.

I'm going to kill my mother one of these days. Of course it was one of her ideas.

It took everything in me not to run from the hairdresser and flee to my car. The coupé sedan looked so much safer than it actually was.

Knowing that stalling would do nothing, I got in the vehicle and went to get the clothes. Thank God they were ready, and I didn't have to wait for it. Even still, I got to the apartment ten minutes later than I was supposed to.

Before going to my room and giving myself to the older woman's care, I stopped by Jungkook's room and left his tux on his bed, carrying the bag containing my dress with me. I then had to convince the woman to let me shower very quickly, only having time to soap up and rinse my skin, dressing only a bathrobe afterwards.

I stayed there, sitting on the chair with closed eyes as she worked, wondering just how bad the night was going to be. Me and Jungkook hadn't been to a public event ever since we came back from France. And after the discovery from a week ago and the other three nights he just vanished from the face of the earth and returned almost at dawn, I had absolutely no patience to pretend to be his wife in love.

But it's not like I could run away. My father would kill me.

So all I could do was suck it up and sit there, as someone made me presentable.

Almost an hour later, she was done. She had done a smoky-black eye with a wine red lip. The color matched the dress Jungkook bought for me in Paris perfectly, and the dark eyes gave me a mystery feel.

I had the woman help me into the dress after putting some underwear on and thanked her. As she left the apartment, I hurried into rolling the stockings in place and securing them, the black stilettos coming right after.

Looking into the big mirror in the closet, I didn't recognize myself. The sultry and alluring woman staring back at me wasn't the Hyejin I had been my whole life, not in appearance or attitude. This woman was someone else, someone who had a part to play.

Jeon Hyejin.

Sighing, I took the purse from the bed and walked downstairs, finding Jungkook staring out in the night through the big glass window. He seemed focused on something, a little smile playing on the corner of his mouth.

Is he thinking about her?

No, stop it. Stop it right there. It doesn't matter. Don't think about it.