Chapter Twenty

"Love is so mad"

---

I felt like I was floating, hanging by thin air in my own contentment. It wasn't a feeling I was used to, it wasn't known. But I welcomed it with open arms, choosing to ignore whatever warnings to proceed with caution.

I didn't want to be cautious, not anymore. I had held myself back all my life, afraid to reach out and take what I wanted, the only exception being my choice of career. No more. Whatever I wanted from now on I would take.

And I wanted this.

This intimacy, this romance. Because surprisingly, that's what I got with my husband for the rest of the days we stayed in that resort. Romance, care, kindness, and obviously, teasing and passion.

We truly looked like newlyweds now, always smiling at each other everytime our eyes locked, always keeping physical contact, even if just by holding hands and lacing our fingers together.

I hadn't known he could even do those things. He had claimed not to be able of delivering that sort of attention himself. But as the days progressed, he became more and more confident in the actions, behaving as if we were truly in love with each other.

I couldn't talk for him, but I had already admitted to myself that particular battle was lost. I had fallen for him. I had permitted my heart to soften and cling to him. I had allowed him to get under my skin, removing any excuse for barriers I still owned.

Not that there were many in the first place.

But instead of running like my brain kept yelling at me to do, I delved into the feeling, letting it pull me under. Surround me completely.

Those last days at the resort had been the best days of my life. Jungkook made sure to show me how passionate he could be, and not just when we were locked by four walls. Yes, our late nights and early mornings had been memorable, I won't deny it, but his charming demeanor didn't stop there.

He had taken me to dinner, insisted on dancing with me and kissed me in the middle of the restaurant. He had taken me shopping, simply because he wanted a repeat of the modeling session from our trip to Paris. There was one difference with this one though, as he had not backed me up in the fitting room back in France, nor had I needed to lock my lips around his to muffle the sounds threatening to escape my throat.

The man was just too intense to handle.

Upon going back home, I had been afraid the companionship we had found would disappear, shattered by reality. Forgotten in a trip that would probably never happen again.

How wrong could I be?

We went back on a Sunday, which suited Jungkook's plans perfectly. His first thing to do was pick me up in his arms and carry me to his bedroom. Well, our bedroom, apparently. His excuse was that he couldn't get enough of me – much like I couldn't get enough of him – and he needed to have me on our bed.

I wouldn't complain, that was for sure. Not the first, the second, or whatever other times he fulfilled his word. I lost count at how many times I found myself out of breath in his arms, or how I always seemed to recover enough to hit repeat.

I couldn't tell if that was his normal or if it was the buildup tension between us, the one that had been simmering since that lunch meeting where our fathers announced our fate. Whatever the reason, we could barely keep our hands to ourselves.

On the days that followed, somehow our bubble stayed intact, surviving the days' activities. I was properly shocked when a text arrived on Monday lunchtime, saying simply "I miss you". I stared at my phone screen for a whole minute, and then smiled at how cheesy Jungkook could be.