Chapter Eighteen

"Love you so bad"

---

Just what I needed, I thought as a sigh escaped my lips in contentment, result of the masseur's hands kneading and relaxing the muscles on my neck.

I had decided to enjoy the benefits of the facility, giving myself a day to just do absolutely nothing apart from doze off. I was currently undergoing a session of massage with some things I had no idea how it worked, but that felt amazing against my skin.

The woman pressing on my back had used some hot rocks, and was now spreading a lotion of sorts – or was it an oil? – to sooth the muscles even more. Since I couldn't make sense of whatever she was doing and it felt so good, I just closed my eyes and enjoyed.

About ten minutes later she was done, leaving me alone to get dressed in privacy. I felt a little dizzy, almost as if I was a little drunk, but it was totally worth it. My skin felt so much more sensitive, but in a good way. Every breeze that went through the little gaps between the doors and windows and landed on me, made a shiver run down my spine. Not precisely from the cold, but from the sensation itself.

I walked back into the suite completely oblivious to whom I passed on the way. All I wanted right then was a warm bath and the bed.

I had woken up with Jungkook, which meant it was very early in the morning. He had a meeting at breakfast and for whatever reason, as soon as his warmth left the bed, I couldn't sleep anymore.

The sheets felt too cold.

So I had gotten up as well, finding myself in just lingerie due to him putting me to bed like that. I rose from the bed when he entered the bathroom, going for my suitcase and rummaging there to find a robe, covering my body.

I stalled a little, deciding what clothes to put on. It was still heavily snowing outside, so I had to settle for jeans, a warm turtleneck and boots. If my mother could see me in that outfit, she'd have a heart attack.

But it wasn't the clothes themselves that made me spend more time on the task, it was the fact I was insecure. I had no idea how last night had left us, in what sort of mood we were.

Last night, Jungkook didn't seem to mind me kissing him. Despite him turning me away in the end, his words still said he wanted me. But maybe he changed his mind through the night, maybe it had just become awkward.

Maybe he regretted the words.

As I tortured myself with those thoughts, clutching the black turtleneck in my hands and staring somewhere out in the snow, a warm breath hit my neck as arms enveloped me. Jungkook planted a kiss right below my ear, lingering afterwards.

My body had gone soft in his arms, arching my neck sideways unconsciously. I could feel his smile on my skin, saying how pleased he was by that little gesture, as he kissed the same spot again.

We talked briefly. He said he had a bunch of meetings and wouldn't be able to spend time with me. I told him it was okay, that I was going to work as well.

Jungkook turned me around and stared into my eyes, not saying a word. His hand cupped the nape of my neck, but he didn't move closer. Just looked at me as if analyzing some dilemma I represented. Something he couldn't quite uncover.

Going on tiptoes, I pressed my lips on his, taking the step he was delaying. Instantly his hand tightened on my hair and his arm did the same on my waist, molding me to him as we both lost our breaths in the kiss.

It made no sense, the way he disarmed all my defenses, or how lately, I didn't seem to have any in the first place. A look was all it took. No words, no teasing. Just a look and I was done for.