Chapter Eleven

[A/N] A little note. There's mention of money in this chapter, and I opted for using "dollars" instead of "wons", simply so more people can understand the amount mentioned. I know they don't use dollars in Korea.

---

"Who the heck are you?"

---

I swear to God, one of these days ...

Breathe, Hyejin. Just breathe.

It wasn't easy, not with my mother discreetly dragging me to the stage, intent on signing me up for the dance auction. Yes, I get it's for a good cause, and I would love to help if this was a normal circumstance, but it wasn't.

The night had already turned into a freaking disaster earlier.

But my mother being my mother, just kept leading me forward, talking with the man in charge of the ordeal and smiling at him, before muttering a "good luck" and walking back to our table, where my so-called husband followed me around with his eyes.

Great, just great.

Walking up the few steps up the stage, I positioned myself beside the other women there, looking around the room uninterested. Once the man checked his list again, he went up in front of us, reaching the microphone and announcing the beginning of the attraction.

- Ladies and gentlemen, I'm honored to announce our auction is live. – most people applauded, and someone whistled, which made everyone else laugh. – Now, now. There will be numberless opportunities for you to spend your money on, but let's start with the most pleasurable one. The dance auction.

Again people cheered, more men whistling now. The women beside me smiled, some waved and some others blew kisses away. I just stood there, subtly smiling at no one in particular, just waiting for this to be over.

As if I didn't already have enough to deal with.

- Well, you all know how this works, right? – continued the MC, oblivious to my desire to bolt from the stage. – I will introduce our lovely women here. – he said, turning sideways so people knew he was talking about us. – And we will start the bidding. The higher bid wins a dance. Pretty simple, if you ask me. – he concluded as his audience chuckled.

He motioned for the first of us to step forward, checking his list to see what to say about her.

- Here's our first lady of the night. Her name is Sana, and I'm fairly certain you all know her. – he stated, smiling.

Of course everyone knew her, she was the President's daughter. And she acted like it as well. Spoiled to an alarming degree, Kim Sana was Seoul's "it girl" through and through.

The MC said some things about her as she smiled at the audience, blowing kisses away eventually to some interested men. Posing like a model, she waited as the bids on her grew higher and higher. In the end, some man she apparently knew, ended up winning with a bid of 500.000,00 dollars.

People cheered as she bowed, pretending to be surprised at the amount of money. Walking swiftly out of the center of attention, she whispered as she passed by the rest of us, showing her true nature.

- Let's see if any of you can get more than that.

The women beside me smiled nervously, turning their attention back at the MC, who started introducing someone else. We all knew Sana would be the highest bid of the night, and that just added to her already inflated ego.