Chapter Eight

"Even I
even I don't know myself"

---

A week had passed without major incidents.

I had, God knows how, managed to keep my cool when near Jungkook. The needy feelings I had towards him were still there, but I had successfully held back from making a fool of myself. Maybe the fact that we didn't have to make a public appearance had helped.

The secret was to keep my distance.

I had also learned some more recipes, cooking them perfectly and having my husband compliment me for them.

I still blushed everytime he did it.

This Saturday I figured I would finally go shopping for the things I needed. Jungkook said he was busy at the company, so he couldn't accompany me. I wasn't disappointed, but a weird feeling I didn't want to name bloomed inside me.

I ended up calling my brother, intent on finally having lunch with him to catch up. I had only talked to him on the phone after I came back from Paris, having spent most of my days in the atelier, and being too tired afterwards to do anything but go home.

Home.

Somehow, me and Jungkook had managed to make his fancy penthouse into a place that meant comfort and peace in the last days. Even though he didn't have to, he insisted on having a day of the week so we could do something together. Our Wednesday nights were almost sacred, our time filled with movies, games and food.

My now husband turned up to be better than I expected.

As I parked the car and stepped out, thinking about Jungkook's behavior, a silly smile on my face, my brother waited for me on the sidewalk. Walking into his arms, I hugged him tight.

- Hey, sweetie.

- Hey, Chim. - I said, stepping back.

Settling his hand on my shoulder, he directed me inside the restaurant, asking the hostess for his reservation. She led us to a table set for two in a quiet corner of the fancy establishment. Before leaving, I caught her blinking at my brother with a smile on her face.

I couldn't help it, I grinned.

- What? - asked my oblivious sibling.

- You're gonna tell me you didn't notice?

- Noticed what?

- The girl was flirting with you. - I answered, smiling.

- No, she wasn't.

- Yes, she was. - I said in between giggles. - You're amazingly oblivious for someone so smart.

He just huffed, as if annoyed at the topic of the conversation. Jimin had never really had a girlfriend, not officially anyways. I didn't think it was lack of options, a lot of woman, younger and older than him, almost drooled when he stepped into a room. Maybe it was his appearance, or the confidence he exhaled. Perhaps it was a combination of both. Fact was, my brother was successful with the ladies.

He just played dumb sometimes.

- What is it? Are you seeing someone? - I asked.

- No, I'm not. - he answered hastily. - Let's talk about something else, shall we?

- Why? I like this subject just fine.

- I don't want to discuss my love life with you, Hyejin.

- What love life? From where I'm standing, you have none.