{Chapter 12}

{Chapter 12}

Victor's Pov:

I have been in the hospital for about two weeks now I think. Yuri has been at my side for most of the nights but during the day he is out to train. The grand finales are in less than a week and I'm so proud of him.

I wish I could be there to train him though. I don't feel like I deserve all the credits they'll give me. But Yuri says he wants to give them to me regardless.

I look at the door as I see the gorgeous Japanese man walk in, his cheeks red from the stinging cold outside. I receive a small kiss on my dry lips and smile, rubbing his cold cheek.

"Hey handsome... how was training?" I whisper and receive a small smile. "Good, I think I'm pretty ready for the competition." He answers with a small smile. The smile I adore oh so much... I spontaneously forget to answer, just staring at his face. He is quick to wake me from my pleasant daydream though.

"Have you taken your medicines?". Those words had been coming out of his mouth every single day. I can tell he is worried, and I know he can't help asking, but my heart still aches when I get reminded of my illness. I nod and kiss his cheek. "Of course I did.".

Yuri's Pov:

Nodding, I gently grab his hand, rubbing the dry skin with my thumb. I may be smiling but from the inside I'm dying every time I walk into this room. Victor's cheeks are sunken in, eyes tired and dull. His hair is... so thin his scalp is visible.. he is pale, lips dry, skin dry... and so incredibly thin.

"Should I get us something to eat?" I ask softly in an attempt to get him to eat some more. He shakes his head though, not like I expected anything else... I nod and sigh, removing my coat and scarf.

I get into the bed with him, pressed against his body because the bed is fairly small, too small for both of us. He wraps his arms around me and I snuggle into his eyes, looking down a bit.

"Yuri.. why are you sad?" I hear him ask and I frowned slightly in sadness, biting my lip. "Because I see you are not improving when it comes to getting better..." I mutter and hold onto the sleeping robe he is wearing. I feel his chest stop moving up and down for a second. He is holding his breath..

"Yuri.. if I were to die, what would you do?". Now it's my turn to hold my breath. I close my eyes, tears pricking in them when I think about it. "I d-don't know.. I c-..can't live without you..." I manage to squeeze out, my body trying to become smaller, my heart aching.

I feel a hand move through my hair and it manages to calm me down a bit. "I want you to live on you know... make another man as happy as you make me..." he whispers and I let out a choked cry. "N-no... I don't want to make any other guy happy, I only want you..!" I finally cry out, pulling back to look up at him.

When I look up into his dull blue eyes, I see tears on his cheeks too. He kisses my forehead. "Thank you..." he mutters and I now let myself fully go. I bury my face into his warm chest and start to sob, clinging to him.

Victor's Pov:

Yuri stays sobbing into my chest for another five minutes before I help him calm down a bit, stroking his hair. He keeps himself cuddled into me but the crying stopped. Staring at the ground, I smile a bit.

Moments like these make me happy. Not that Yuri has been crying, or that he is in pain. No... him being in my arms, feeling his body heat, feeling his hands..

I let out a small sigh and turn onto my back, pulling Yuri on top of me. He stays snuggled into my chest despite all the moving which is very cute. I cough and groan slightly, looking back down and seeing him stare at me now.