{Chapter 17}

Yuri's Pov:

"Yuri! Have you packed all your stuff?!" I hear my mom call out front the bottom of the stairs. I put on my glasses which I have just cleaned and sigh. "Yes! I'll be down in a minute!".

Today is the day... I'm going to the Grand Prix Finale and Victor is staying here. I'm so glad I didn't have to go through more convincing then I already have. I'm glad he understands I'm not doing this because I don't want him to come with, I'm doing this for his own well being.

I glance at the time. My plane leaves in two hours... just enough time to visit Victor in the hospital first. I jog down the stairs and put my bags at the door. "Mom, I'll be back in an hour or so. I'm going to say goodbye to Victor." I say and open the door, feeling the cold air hit my cheeks. I take a small breath and start to jog towards the hospital.

When I enter and walk up to the room I see him laying in the bed, oxygen mask still covering his nose and mouth. The curtains are still closed and he looks asleep... he must've been tired. "Victor...?" I whispered softly as I approach the bed but he doesn't seem to respond.

For a moment, fear rushes through my veins but I calm down slowly. I can literally see and hear his heartbeat, what am I freaking out over! I slowly go to open the curtains and this causes the Russian man to stir.

Victor's Pov:

What's that..? The light... god my throat is dry. I slowly open my eyes and scan the room, seeing Yuri in front of the window. "Ah.. Y-". Instead of finishing my sentence I cough a bit because of my dry, itching throat. I watch Yuri grab my glass of water with the straw in it. He brings the straw to my dry lips and for a moment I try lifting my head but to no use... everything feels heavy, like weights are attached, pulling me down.

"Yuri.." I finally start once my throat isn't so unbearably dry anymore. "Today is the day hm? Today you will leave me for a gold medal." I joke but immediately get a playful punch to the shoulder.

"You know I'm not trading you in for anything." I hear him say and I pout my lips playfully. "I don't believe it. With all those hot, sculpted skaters there with their rock-hard abs and chiseled jawlines.. I bet you will be bringing home more than gold." I grin but I watch his smile disappear.

I've been trying to make it easier on him, the way I have ended up looking. I try to make it easier by joking and telling him I'm accepting the way I am now. With even thinner hair, almost just skin and bones, sunken in cheeks and eyes... dry...everything! But nothing seems to make it easier on Yuri.

I gently grab his hand and rub it. "Yuri... listen... I'm fine alright? You will go there, win gold... and then return to me... a better me. I'm sure I'll get better and once I do we can celebrate your win, alright?" I speak encouragingly.

I look into his eyes, hopefully getting an answer soon... and I do. He smiles slightly at me and I smile back.

"Alright, I'll keep you to that. No dying alright?" He says and I nod with a grin. He leans down and kisses me softly. I take in that moment... the warmth from the winter sun through the window on my skin, the scent of Yuri's cologne, the taste and touch of his lips.

I never want to forget this moment...

We break the kiss and I gently and weakly squeeze his hand. "Go on then, you have a plane to catch." I say softly and he nods.

Before I know it, he walks out the door... gone. I'm going to miss him. But I can't die now. I promised him. And I don't want this to be our last time together.

I watch his silhouette slowly disappear into the dark of the hallway and I close my eyes.

I'm not going to leave you Yuri. This isn't goodbye...

Yuri's Pov:

While walking down the hallway of the hospital I break. I let the hot tears run down my cheeks. I can't handle this... Victor looks terrible! What if this is the last time I see him!

I cover my eyes once I exit the hospital and I start to run home. My throat tightens and soft, forced out sobs leave it. I am torn. One half of me wants to stay with Victor, by his side, 24/7. While the other part wants to make him proud by winning gold. After all, that is his whole reason of being here with me in the first place.

I reach my parents' place and I run in. I run straight into the bathroom and let it all out, sliding down to my knees and hugging them as I lay on my side. The door is half open and that allows Makkachin to sneak in. Soon I feel his warm body against mine and I open my eyes.

Everything is foggy because of my tears but I can see his little head turned to my face, watching me in curiosity. "M-Makkachin... I can't have him leave me like Vicchan did.. m-my dog... H-he left me when I was away as well.. I c-cant experience that a-again...!" I beg.

Of course Makkachin doesn't really understand what I'm crying about but he lets out a small sound and rests his head on my shoulder. I move a shaking hand through his soft fur and bury my face into it as well. My heart is broken but in a way he comforts me... like no one else could at this exact moment.

After my cry session, I compose myself again and I calm down a bit. "Alright... let's go..." I sniff as I walk out, seeing my concerned parents and sister who have all been staring at the bathroom while I was in there. My eyes are red and puffy and I have a massive headache.

I grab my bags and Mari drives me to the airport. I say goodbye and walk off, entering the plane once I am allowed. I sit down and look out of the window.

Goodbye mom, dad, Mari and Makkachin..

But I'm not saying goodbye to you Victor. Because it scares me. To you I'm saying 'see you later'. Because I will be returning to you soon.

And I will see you again.

A/N:

Sorry for the long delay! College started again but I'm going to try and update more regularly again. Thank you all for the support, you make my day c: