{Chapter 13}

{Chapter 13}

Yuri's Pov:

After what happened last night I helped clean up Victor for he wasn't really in any condition to do so. Not only was he... you know.. sick, but.. whatever we did also tired him out even more.

I wake up next to him though, in the way too small bed. I move my eyes up to see the man awake, staring out of the window. I wonder how long he has been awake for... I kiss his cheek and grab his boney hand, stroking the dry skin gently.

"Good morning Victor..." I whisper and bury my face into his shirt. I can feel him snap out of the little trance he was just in because I feel him move.

"Ah... good morning Yuri..." I hear him whisper as he moves his free hand through my hair, being careful with the IV that is connected to his hand. "Did you sleep well?".

I nod slowly and let out a longer sigh. "I did. How long have you been awake for Victor?" I ask and I pull back to look up at him. I see him press a little smile, meeting his eyes. He just doesn't answer.

"Yes?" I ask, tilting my head a bit. Well.. I guess I got my answer. If he slept well he would've answered just fine.

Victor's Pov:

I am not going to sit here and complain to Yuri that I didn't sleep well. It has been like that every night for a week now, I'm sure he is getting tired of it as well. So I just softly kiss him.

"Thank you for last night, Yuri.. I really enjoyed it." I whisper against his lips, gently holding his chin up with my fingers. I expect an answer though... and I don't get one. So I pull back to look at him and...

He is crying... why is he crying?

"Yuri..." I mutter and move my hand over his soft cheek. "What are you crying for?". I watch him close his eyes and lean into my hand a bit. God he is adorable... and... knowing that I'm probably the reason he is crying hurts me deeply.

"Hey come on... chin up... you have nothing to cry about. We had an amazing night, you are doing really well in training, finals are less in a week, and y-".

"And you are dying."

I listen to him blurt it out. See, I know this was about me..

"Yuri.. come on..." I mutter, slowly moving my hands down to hold his. "I'm not dying...I'll be totally fine...listen, I'm not dying before I watch you win gold." I joke but his expression turns even more grim. My smile disappears as well.

Shit.

Yuri's Pov:

Hearing him say that... hurt. It hurts badly. "Then... then I'm not winning gold... I'm just.. not going to skate in the finals then." I whisper and move my eyes to the side. He squeezes my hands though. I look back at him to see him... nervous? Distressed?

"Yuri, listen to me. You are going to skate in the finals and you are going to win gold. I'll change my statement." He spoke.

I look at him a bit confused. "Change it to what?" I mutter and watch him lean over to his bag. His bag I'm not allowed to look in for some silly reason but I respect it. I doubt he gets any real privacy in this hospital anyways.

"Close your eyes." I hear him say and I sigh. I want to object but... I really don't have the energy. So, I do it. I close my eyes and feel him let go of my hands. I hear a zipper open and I shake my head. "Victor... what are you d-".

"Okay, you can open them.".

I open my eyes to see him in front of me of course. My eyes move from his face which holds a silly grin down to his hands. He's... no way...

Victor's Pov:

I am holding the little velvet dark blue box with shaking hands as I open it, exposing the gold band with our official date inside.

"Yuri.. I.. I want to change my statement. I won't die.. until the day I can officially call you my husband. And... and that is after I have fully healed. But... for you to be my husband I need you to be my fiancé first so..."

I look at his shocked expression and take a shaky breath, smiling a bit more.

"Yuri Katsuki... will you.. marry me?" I ask. But it is silent. He's just staring at me and the ring in disbelief before I see him crack a smile.

"Yes...!" I hear him call out and my heart starts beating faster. I shakily take the ring out of the box and wrap it around his finger. Perfect fit. I then wrap my arms around him, holding him against me. This is the perfect day...

"Yuri, I love you..." I whisper.

Yuri's Pov:

He just asked me to marry him? Really? In a hospital? While I'm on the verge of crying in the first place? But goddamnit I don't care! Of course I want to marry him!

"I love you so much more victor, thank you.." I whimper as I carefully hug him back, taking in his lovely scent. "Don't you ever dare leaving me... don't you dare... even after we are married, you can't leave me..." I beg and I feel him nod.

My grip tightens a bit on his shirt and I squeeze my eyes shut, the warm tears rolling down my cheeks. I don't want him to leave me. My dream is to be together with him.. forever. To grow old with him. He has to get better, he just has to.

I can't live without him.

-two days later-

Yuri's Pov:

I walk into the ice rink and my throat tightens as I see Victor in the wheelchair, a dark purple blanket over his legs. I hate it... seeing how thin he got.

"What are you doing here? You are supposed to be in the hospital..." I mutter, removing my track jacket and sitting down to tie my skates. I notice him smile a bit.

"A lovely nurse dropped me off knowing I would be in good hands, allowing me some time away." He says and I look up at him. "Wouldn't you be much rather spending it somewhere nicer instead of a freezing ice rink?" I grin and watch his eyes widen.

"Hey, you have some guts speaking to your coach like that. You may be a good skater but you still need guidance from the one and only Victor Nikiforov, your one and only coach and fiancé." He jokes and I playfully roll my eyes.

"Okay okay, I get it. Well train me then." I grin and get on the ice. I'll show him what I can do..

I'll make him proud.

A/N:

Hey everyone,

I'm back and ready to upload again! I'm sorry for the long break But I appreciate all the support I got during it a lot! Thank you all so much! <3