[1]

A T H E N A
¡☆🎲☆¡

My alarm bleeps telling me it's time for school and i groan. I scream aggrivatedly into my pillow pulling myself up from my soft bed.

"Corbyn, get up!" I yell.

"I AM UP!" My twin brother shouts back, which causes me to giggle a little.

I then roll out of bed and step onto the cold wooden floor of my bedroom to get to the shower.

"Agh! I hate Mondays." I scream whilst staring at the contents of my wardrobe on the floor.

I eventually decide on a black varsity striped hoodie dress with my checkered vans. I pull my hair into a messy ponytail and ran downstairs.

"Hey dad." I say, whilst shoving a piece of toast in my mouth.

My dad smiles at me in response, his gaze on his newspaper.

"Corbs? You ready?" I asks my brother.

He nods his head and then we say good bye to my dad and head to school.

I walk into the canteen completely bummed that my best friends Gabbie and Jack, who are dating, have decided to spend they're lunch hour on a date.

I look around the canteen once more
before sauntering off to the library.

I go to my normal place at the corner of the library away from everyone. I'm ready to sit down and get on with my reading when I notice a boy on the floor with his brown floppy hair in his eyes.

I think he sees me watching him because he shoots his head up so his facing me and gets ready to run.

"No it's okay. You don't have to leave" I laugh. "I won't bite."

He sits back down hesitantly and continues reading his book.

"Whatcha reading there?" I ask.

He cocks his head to the side his electrifying blue eyes confused as to why I'm talking to him.

He then shrugs and shows me the book.

"To kill a mockingbird." I breathe.

The boy brings his scared eyes to mine and as I look at him I realise that he's scared I'm going to make fun of him.

I shake my head violently. "No I'm not gonna make fun of you I promise, that's actually one of my favourite books."

He blushes for a quick second and quickly looks back at the book. I tap him on the arm and he flinches.

"I'm sorry. Did that hurt?" I ask.

He shakes his head and smiles a little.

"I'm Athena, by the way."

¡☆🎲☆¡