[9]

A T H E N A
¡☆🎲☆!

It's been 4 months.

A whole 4 months and a lot has changed. I dyed my hair and got a tattoo since I finally turned 18.

My hair was now a light brown with blue highlights at the end

(Yes I know this Daniel James Seavey's tattoo, Yes I know this is Daniel James Seavey's arm & Yes I know this has the exact same meaning as Daniel James Seavey's

(Yes I know this Daniel James Seavey's tattoo, Yes I know this is Daniel James Seavey's arm & Yes I know this has the exact same meaning as Daniel James Seavey's ... it's kinda the point)

and this is my tattoo, it means strength in humility because being boastful and ignorant is not how I want to live my life.

I miss him. I really do.

For the longest time I used to walk around in nothing but the hoodie and sweats he gave me, not caring about what I looked like.

Everyone at school gave me sympathetic looks as I moped around the school halls but I knew they really just wanted me to hurry up and move on.

Jack and Corbyn were... No are ... Daniels best friends.

If you saw one of them you probably saw the other two not far behind.

They were like the three musketeers.

Omnes et singulos pro.

One for all and all for one.

At times I didn't even want to look at the two of them because they reminded me of Daniel and I know it was a spiteful thing to do but I couldn't help it.

I loved him.

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and I was happy.

Well almost.

There was just one thing missing.

I walked across my cold wooden floor and strolled downstairs.

After Daniel was taken away from us the social services decided that Alice was to live with her grandmother about 30 minutes away from us.

If only Daniel was that close.

I quickly dismiss the sad thoughts and say a quick good morning to my dad, brother and.... apparently Christina, Who I assumed had stayed the night, before walking back upstairs to get dressed.

I decided to go with minimal makeup since I wasn't impressing anyone

I texted the girls asking if they wanted to meet up and they all replied with a yes so I told them to meet me at the diner.

I got to the diner about 10am and the girls and I were just talking when I got a phone call.

It was from my dad so I answered it without hesitation.

"Hey dad!"

"Uhm hey honey."

"Dad. What's wrong?"

A few seconds pass and I can hear my dads breathing down the line. It sounds hitched like he'd been crying.

"It's about Daniel."

My heart stops.

Everything in my body stops.

"What about Daniel?" I mange to croak it out but only because I want answers.

"He..... h-he."

"He WHAT?!" I shout.

A little to loudly since I get disapproving looks from other customers in the room.

I roll my eyes at them and turn to look at the girls.

They all stare at me wide eyed and waiting for me to do something.

I can see the worry and anticipation flicker through Gabbie's brown eyes before she gives me a reassuring smile.

"H-he *ahem* He tried to kill himself."

I freeze.

I sit there on the spot unable to move.

Daniel tried to kill himself.

"Why?"

The tears had already begun to fall and I had no intention of trying to stop them.

Instead I just sat there letting them silently fall out of my eyes.

"The people who work in the clinic..."

I flinch at the word clinic.

That place is no clinic.

That place treats them like lab rats.

Trying to figure out what makes them tick.

"....think it has something to do with you."

Me?!

I probably looked like I had just taken a bullet to the head because the girls looked at me with shock and fear.

"Can I see him?"

This is the first time since Daniel left I had asked to see him.

I never asked because I was too scared. I thought he might hate me.

"Yes. And make sure you invite the others, he may want to see them too."

"Okay." I say quietly before hanging up on my dad.

I tell the girls what happened and a tear silently escapes Chloe's eyes before she wipes her eyes furiously, her mascara smudging a little.

I silently pray that Daniel is okay before we make our way back to my house.

¡☆🎲☆¡