[3]

A T H E N A
¡☆🎲☆¡

My eyebrows furrow as my mind questions what he's drawing but I quickly dismiss it and get back to my own drawing.

The bell rings signalling the end of school. I peer outside and see that it is raining. Great. I don't even have a coat. I grumble something about being soaked and run out into the rain.

As I'm on my way home I see Daniel. I call out to him but he doesn't answer so I run up to him tapping him on the shoulder.

He jumps looking at me with frightened eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Do you walk this way?"

He smiles at me and nods his head. I shiver and Daniel seems to be looks at me awkwardly, offering up his jacket.

I grin at him, denying his offer. "Don't worry about it. Just a bit cold."

He looks at me like he wants to say something but doesn't and we continue to walk.

We reach his house and I wave goodbye at him. He runs up his foot path and waves at me before going into his house.

Daniel and I have been hanging out a lot lately.

He hangs around with Jack, Gabbie and I.

He doesn't talk but he nods his head and shakes it a lot which gets his point across.

I'm waiting for Daniel when I see a crying kid run past me.

When I realise that it's Daniel I chase after him and follow him into the boys toilet, luckily they're no boys in there.

"Omg! Dani are you okay?" I ask him, cradling him towards my chest.

He shakes his head and sobs into my chest. He bawls and bawls whilst my heart breaks for him.

"Dani, what happened?"

He continues to cry and looks into my eyes. Whilst I'm looking at him I see a blue and purple bruise forming on his left cheek.

I want to scream. I want to hurt whoever hurt him. Why would anyone want to?

Daniel is a sweet and innocent kid who would never hurt anyone.

"Do you want to go home?"

He looks up at me and nods. I take him out into the car park and drive him home.

I'm about to leave to go back to my car but he pulls my hand and drags me inside.

"Daniel I can't stay for long okay?" I giggle.

He frowns at me but nods his head anyway.

We were having fun watching a movie in his room on my laptop when we hear keys jingling and then the front door slams.

¡☆🎲☆¡