[8]

A T H E N A
¡☆🎲☆¡

The sirens start to come closer and the noise is then followed by police cars and police men.

The police pull up and tell the crowd to clear. I stand there shocked as a swollen faced Daniel and Jonah get arrested.

Gabbie and the others run up to me and ask what happened, I explain what happened as the police cars pull away.

Gabbie runs to me wrapping her arms around me.

"Oh, Dios mío, cariño (oh my gosh sweetie) I'm so sorry. I'm sure su novio (your boyfriend) will be fine." Chloe says reassuringly.

"Thank you, but he's not mi novio (my boyfriend)" I say whilst blushing.

"He will be!" She says in a I-Know-Something-You-Don't tone.

"He'll be what?" Zach asks very confused.

"Come on, Dude! I can't speak Spanish and even I know that 'novio' means boyfriend." Jack says with an exasperated sigh.

We all giggle but there's still a sense of anxiety in the air.

Gabbie, Jack, Christina, Chloe and Zach are all at Corbyn and I's house waiting on news about Daniel.

I pace the living room trying to wrap my head around what had just happened.

Daniel had been arrested?!

Moments later there's a knock at the door. I fly towards it knocking Corbyn out of the way in the process.

I open the door to see a teary eyed Daniel with a dark skinned man in a black suit. I run towards Daniel flinging my arms around him but he doesn't hug me back instead he's rigid and keeps his hands beside him.

"Could we come inside please? We need to talk." The guy in the black suit says.

"Sure." I say confused.

What could there be to talk about? When he gets inside he explains that he works for a mental health institute.

I sit there confused as to what this has to do with any of us.

He then explains that he is Daniels assigned therapist. I look at Daniel and he turns away ashamed. What has he possibly got to be ashamed about?

"Daniel will be going to a mental health institution tonight."

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear those dreaded words come out of the mans mouth.

Everyone turns to look at me to see what I have to say but for the first time I'm completely speechless.

"W-what?" I mange to mutter after a few seconds.

"He will be leaving in a couple of hours."

This man has got to be kidding me. I get up and usher him out of the house, slamming the door in his face.

"Did you know about this?" I ask Daniel quizzically.

He nods his head timidly but doesn't look into my eyes.

I can tell he's hurting.

Daniel and I were cuddling on the sofa when suddenly a knock was heard at the door.

As soon as I heard that sound I started tearing up because I knew it was time for Daniel to leave.

My dad opened the door and there stood Daniels so-called therapist who I had begun to hate.

He walked in like he owned the place and said Daniel was leaving now.

"No you can't take him. You can't he needs me!" I cry.

"He's not making any progress dear." The man says to me like I'm a child.

"But he is! If you were doing your fucking job you'd know that!" I scream at the man holding onto Daniels hand. "He's not scared when he's around me. He knows how to get his point across. Just let him stay. Please!"

I practically beg the man and he rolls his eyes at me.

"No." The man says firmly.

I'm about to lunge at him but Daniel grabs me by the shoulders tears streaming down his face.

Daniel shakes his head at me signalling that it's not worth it.

"I'll come visit you I promise." I whisper to Daniel tears falling out of my own eyes.

"How far is this institution?" Corbyn asks reading my mind.

"It's a five hour drive." The man answers dryly.

FIVE HOURS!!

Is this man out of his fucking mind.

How can he take the love of my life away from me.

"Come on, Daniel. It's time to go!" The man says impatiently.

D A N I E L

I turn my head to look at the man who's about to take the love of my life away from me and I despise him.

I walk over to my friends and we all exchange goodbyes. It's then time to say goodbye to Athena but I can't do it.

She's right.

I do make progress when I'm with her, it's because I want to be able to tell her I love her.

I want to be able to get down on one knee and ask her to marry me but now that might not even be possible.

She looks beautiful even with a tear stained face with mascara smudged around her red, puffy eyes.

I pull her into a hug and she squeezes me tightly. She's hurting my bruise a little but I couldn't care less.

I'd suffer all the pain in the world just to make her happy.

I rest my chin on her head but she pulls away. She steps on her tiptoes brushing my hair from my eyes.

I put a strand of her hair behind her ear and smile at her. She smiles back but I know it's fake.

We both lean in so close our noses are touching and she kisses me. I'm shocked but I quickly recover, deepening the kiss.

She pulls away and gives me another one of her fake smiles.

That was our first kiss and now I have to leave.

I immediately begin to cry and she brings her index finger to my lips silencing me.

"Shh. Don't cry." She whispers on the verge of crying herself.

We pull away from each other and I walk towards Ryan my therapist.

Ryan and I then walk out the door, I turn back to see Athena crying into the arms of her brother and my heart shatters.

I turn my back to them and make my way to Ryan's car and in a moment.

She's Gone.

A T H E N A

I pull my head up from my brothers chest and see Daniel go into his therapist's car and in a moment.

He's Gone.

!☆🎲☆¡