[6]

A T H E N A
¡☆🎲☆¡

I was in absolute shock. Why would his dad do this to him? The man who helped create him. How could you hurt your own son like this?

"Daniel you need to tell someone." I cry.

He shakes his head no at me and pulls his phone out of his pocket. I silently watch him as he starts typing.

A few seconds later my phone pings with a text from him.

Blue📎💙

I'm sorry.
But I can't tell anyone about my dad
If I do he'll hurt her...

"Hurt who?" I ask quizzically.

Blue 📎💙:
My sister
I can't let him hurt her
I can't! She means more to me than anything

After I finish reading I look up at him. My heart aches for this boy, he's willing to suffer all this abuse to save his sister.

"What's her name?"

Blue📎💙
Anna

"That's a beautiful name." I smile.

He pulls me into a hug, his strong arms holding me tight. He grimaces at the pain in his side but doesn't let me go.

I think I'm in love.

I'm at home laying in my bed when I hear a rapid knock at the door.

"I'll get it." My dad shouts from downstairs.

"Uh... kids, you might want to come down here." my dad shouts referring to corbyn and I.

We run downstairs at the same time and I completely freeze when I see a soaking wet Daniel clutching a 4 or 5 year old girl towards his chest.

"Daniel. What are you doing here?"

He shakes his head at me and just breaks down. Corbyn walks towards him taking a sleeping Anna from Daniel's cold arms.

I run towards Daniel pulling him close to me.

"You guys can stay here tonight." My dad says stating the obvious.

I drag Daniel towards my room so Anna can sleep in the tiny guest room.

I try to clean up my room a bit whilst Daniel just smiles at me goofily. I hand him a pair of Corbyn's joggers and he changes out his wet clothes.

I go over to my bed and Daniel does the same. We lie down with me being the big spoon, Daniel taps his head and I look at him confused.

"Do you want me to play with your hair?"

He nods his head yes and I twirl it with my fingers. I then fall asleep to the sound of Daniel's soft beating heart.

¡☆🎲☆¡