Chapter 9

How much ever she tries to run away from certain things, those things are running after her and haunting her.

From past few days she has been experiencing the soft side of Siddharth which has a glimpse of old Siddharth not fully but partially which is scaring her.

His care is what scaring her the most. She wants to stay away from all those feelings which makes her weak.

It's not like Siddharth had forgotten about their past but he felt bad and responsible for her fainting that day. But how much ever he denies it, feelings for her are still there buried deep in his heart.

******

Today is Siddharth's birthday but he is not excited at all. His mom, dad and friends wished him and blessed him.

He came to the office as usual and went to his cabin. His cabin is filled with bouquets and greetings. He sighed and sat in his chair. These all just remind him the thoughts which he wants to forget.

He wonders if she even remember his birthday and just then there was a knock.

" Come in."

" Sir your coffee." Anu came in and kept it on the table.

Siddharth looked at her who is surprised to see so many bouquets in his room.

" Can you clean this stuff from the table?" He asked her rubbing his forehead.

" Sure Sir." She said and started removing the bouquets.

She arranged them in a corner of the room one by one. After finishing it, she looked at them which looked like a flower bouquet shop and chuckled.

" What so funny?" He asked her.

She looked startled at him as she forgot he was also in the same room.

" Umm...nothing, it's just that your cabin looks like a bouquet shop now." She said smiling slightly.

" Yeah." He said looking at them.

" Is there anything else you want me to do Sir?" She asked him.

She will not wish me at least? Does she even remember?

"No." He said simply.

" Ok." She said and walked to door.

She stopped in her tracks and turned back to him.

" Sir." She called him.

" Yes?" He looked up at her.

" Happy Birthday." She said smiling slightly and left without waiting for his response.

Siddharth was surprised to say anything and she too ran away quickly. He leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes and just like that all the memories came back to him.

Once out of his cabin, Anu wiped the lone tear that escaped from her eye and left to do her work.

******

" Anu?"

" Anu, where are you?"

She called in the evening of his birthday to come to the park where they usually meet. He came and called out for her but got no response.

When he was walking slowly looking for her here and there, a box hit his foot. He looked down to see a box on the ground. He opened it and saw a note.

You are the best thing that has ever happened to my life.....thanks for coming into my life and for making it meaningful and special.