Chapter 10

There was a knock on his door.

" Come in." Sid yelled.

The door opened revealing Raj and Neha standing at the door.

" Sir you called us?" Raj asked him.

" Yes, have a seat." Sid said in monotone.

Raj and Neha looked at each other and took the seats in front of him.

" Where is she?" He asked examining them.

" Who?" Neha asked.

" Ms. Agarwal." He replied.

" She is on leave Sir, she told me that she emailed you her leave application." Neha said to him nervously squirming under his gaze.

" Why did she need leave.....that to for few days?" Sid asked them in his business tone frowning at the leave application in his laptop.

Neha looked at Raj as to ask him what to tell.

" Sir.....umm.....she is not well." Raj said unsure of his response.

" Why? What happened to her?" Sid asked concerned while Raj and Neha were taken aback by sudden change of his demeanor .

" N.Nothing she just have f.fever." Neha stuttered.

" Just fever?.....Then why did she stated that she wouldn't be able to come to office for few days just for a  fever." Sid enquired suspiciously.

" It's a viral flu Sir and as it is contagious, she will come after she is completely fine." Raj replied and Sid nodded his head unsure.

" Sir, can we leave now?" Neha asked after a while.

" Yeah." Sid said and went back to his laptop.

After coming out of his cabin, they both sighed loudly in relief.

" How does Anu work with him in his cabin all the time?" Neha wondered loudly wiping the sweat on her face and fanning her face with her hands.

" Yeah.....it was like we sat for an  interrogation." Raj said shaking his head.

" I must appreciate you for making an excuse of Viral fever at that time because I didn't know what to say?" Neha exclaimed walking towards elevator.

" I know.....but we had to say something right, because if he comes to know the actual reason of her leave then don't know how will he react." Raj said worried.

" What do you think they must have reached there?" Neha asked looking at her watch entering into elevator.

" No, they might reach there in another 2 hours." Raj replied.

" I already miss her." Neha said with tears in her eyes looking down.

" Me too." Raj said thinking deeply.

" Anu was not ready to go there as she was forced by her parents to go with them for their meeting." Neha sighed.

" She will eat our head when she comes back for convincing her to go with them." Raj said chuckling.

With that they both went back to their desks to resume their work.

******

Siddharth was restless. In the morning, he waited for her to come with his coffee but she didn't. He waited and waited and opened his laptop to work but then an email popped up. He opened and read it as the leave application of Ananya.

He frowned on the thought that she will be not coming to the office for few days.

He doesn't understand why does he care.....he hates her right then why! He tries to work but couldn't concentrate. So he called her friends and asked them for explaination.