Chapter 17

" Karthik."

Sid called him and he looked up at his best friend who looked so tensed and nervous.

" The locket isn't there with her. Isn't it?" Sid looked like he was about to cry but maintained his hard look as usual.

" It's there."

Karthik said sadly.

" What?" Sid asked shocked.

" She still wears it Sid." He said to him who is grinning like an idiot now.

" But why are you so sad and disappointed?" Sid asked frowning but he didn't reply.

"Karthik." Sid called him worried who is just looking down.

" It's just that how many times I have cursed her for betraying you and for the reason you became so distant with everyone.....with your friends.....even with me also." Karthik said embarrassed and when Sid was about to say something he continued.

" I know.....I know you had reasons but at that time I felt like it was all her fault." Karthik said sighing.

" But today, I got to know that she still has feelings for you and had definitely had some reasons for betraying you." Karthik said looking up at Sid.

" I know I behaved very distant with you all and I am sorry for that Karthik. I didn't know that I am hurting the people who love me.....I am really really very sorry Karthik." Sid apologized hugging Karthik who hugged him back tightly.

" It's ok." Karthik whispered.

"So, Sid.....she is still wearing the locket you gave her, we have to celebrate this occasion." Karthik grinned at his friend.

" We still aren't sure of her feelings and we don't know the whole truth. So there is no need to celebrate this." Sid brushed off hiding his smile.

" Someone is looking too happy to know that she still has feelings for them.....ahh....." Karthik teased him.

" Shut up." Sid said smiling.

" Ok ok.....but what now?" He asked.

" I don't know." Sid sighed.

" We can't just confront her too because she may just deny." Karthik said to him thinking.

" Yeah, I am thinking of asking Ma about this." Sid said to him.

" Are you sure? I mean we aren't sure about anything yet." He asked him.

" We don't have any other way." Sid said rubbing his forehead.

" But what will you ask her?"

" I will just ask her if she knows Ananya."

" And what if she denies?"

" Then I will ask her directly that what she said to Ananya that made her leave me." Sid said clenching his jaw.

" Sid that's not right, she will be hurted if she is not the actual reason." Karthik reasoned.

" Then what should I do? If she is not the reason then what's the reason? Why Anu said that she didn't love me and still wears the locket close to her heart till today? Why she is concerned and worried for me when I am in pain? Why she gets worked up whenever I behave normally with her? Why Karthik why? " Sid shouted in frustration.

" I understand your situation Sid but I don't want you to hurt your mother that's it." Karthik said squeezing his shoulder.

" I don't want that too but I don't see any other way. Even if she is not the reason, I am definitely sure she knows something that she is hiding that from me." Sid said angrily.