Chapter 71

" Ma, how many times I have told you not to work?" Anu said going into the kitchen.

" I am not working beta, I am just cooking your favourite dish." She said smiling at her daughter in law.

" When I am here, you shouldn't be working.....no actually when I am not here also you shouldn't be working." Anu said frowning making her laugh.

" Then what I should do the whole day? I will get bored." She replied.

" You can go for shopping or you can meet your friends or you can read your favourite novels......" Anu was thinking more options.

" But I like spending my time with my kids." She said pinching Anu's cheek.

" So come on now, sit and spend some time with me." Anu said dragging her to the dining table.

" Arey! Let me switch off the stove atleast." She exclaimed.

" I will cook." Saying this Anu resumed the cooking.

" It smells yummy!" Anu says grinning at her.

" Your cooking skills are amazing.....please teach me too." Anu pleaded her.

" Okay." Saying this she got up.

" You don't need to get up for that, just order me from there itself my highness." Anu said bowing making her laugh.

" Why are you laughing Ma?" Siddharth came and sat beside her.

She pointed at her daughter in law making him chuckle.

" I have a complain against your wife." She said seriously.

" What?" He asked raising his brow.

" Anu doesn't let me do any work." She pouted.

" Good, because you need to take rest more and take time for yourself too." He said seriously.

" You both will make me mad." She said and they laughed at her.

Just then the door bell rang and Siddharth went to see who it is.

" Who was that?" Anu asked switching off the stove when she saw Siddharth coming in holding something.

" Photographer. He brought our wedding album." Siddharth said.

Anu and his mom squealed loudly making him jump in his place. They both snatched the album from his hands and ran away like kids who got their favourite toy.

He went in searching for them as they were not in the living room and in their bedroom too.

" Are you searching for our beloved ladies?" His father asked him smirking.

" Yes. They just disappeared." Siddharth wondered and his father pointed him his parents bedroom.

He walked towards it and opened the door. He saw both were talking excitingly and laughing looking at the photos. He smiled looking at them at like that and his father joined him.

They both also went inside and sat beside them to see their memories. A particular photo caught his attention where Neha was teasing him while Anu was blushing looking down and everyone were laughing looking at them.

Anu looked at him who already went down into the memory lane of their most important day and she couldn't help but to remember that memorable day too

.
.
.

Siddharth was tapping his foot impatiently sitting on the mandap arranged for their marriage ceremony and waiting for his bride who is not yet in the mandap.