Chapter 30

From past three days Siddharth was searching for Anu along with Akanksha. He didn't want her to accompany him but he had to, if he want to find her soon.

Her constant questions about him, his life and about Anu made him irritated. Of course he chose not to respond. All it took her to shut up was a cold angry glare from him.

They went to that medical shop and enquired about the purchase of the medicines.

The shop owner said that he only ordered them from the city and when Siddharth asked who came for the medicines then that man said that some girl had come.

Siddharth opened his phone and showed him a photo of Anu to that man. He asked him if this was the girl who came for those medicines and that man said yes.

Siddharth felt happy that he was close to his Anu. Akanksha took a double take seeing Siddharth smile. A part of her swooned at his breathtaking smile and other part of her was shocked to see this rude and arrogant man smile.

Siddharth enquired that man whether he knows Anu or her address or from where did she come. That man said that he doesn't know anything about her which made Siddharth disappoint.

But he smiled as he felt that he was  close to her and he has hope that he will find her now.....definitely.

Seeing him smile like that, Akanksha felt her heart tug. She never felt like that. She had a boyfriend before and have many male friends but she never felt like this with anyone.

Many boys had approached her asking her to be their girlfriend or to marry them. She declined. She never felt anything for them, though how much they have tried. But she is feeling some things inside her now which she never felt without him trying anything.

In these three days she had observed him. He is nothing like the boys she knows. He is different. Though he appears to be cold and rude, she understood he is soft and vulnerable too which he hides successfully from the world.

She would watch him how he smiles looking at some photo, how he reads that diary with so much intense, how he clutches the book and photo to his chest and sleeps, how his face look so sad and pained, how his eyes searches for something or someone wherever he goes and how he looks away out of the window whenever a lone tear escapes from his eye.

She doesn't know who is this girl and why they are searching for her but seeing the desperation of Siddharth, she understood that she might be someone important to him.

She tried to talk to him about his life, about his likes and dislikes and even about Anu also but all she got was either a cold reply or a blank look or an angry glare which made her shut up.

******

" Sid beta....."

He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn.

" Where are you going?" His mom asked him.

He stayed silent clenching his jaw.

" Sid, talk to me."

He still stayed silent.

" Sid please..... I said I am Sorry."

She pleaded him and he shut his eyes painfully.

" I didn't tell you because I promised her and I didn't want to see you hurt beta. " She said holding her arm.

Siddharth turned to her and looked at her with blazing eyes.

" Ma, What I am getting right now is just hurt. I am hurting right now knowing that I didn't do anything to save her when she was right in front of me. I am hurting like hell knowing that she never stopped loving me and all she did was just to love me. My insides are ripping off realizing that I didn't do anything for her and all she did was sacrifice for me. My heart bleeds at the thought of something happening to her." Siddharth cried.