Chapter 48

" Missed me? "

" YOU "

She yelled looking at the person in front of her.

"I guess you missed me too much."
He said smirking.

" No." She said straight forwardly.

His smirk dropped and looked at her blankly.

" Why you are here at this time?" She asked him frowning.

He noticed her pale face and tired eyes.

" I just came to meet you." He said and observed her keenly.

" Now? " She asked looking at him as if he is mad.

" Yes." He said and walked into the house.

She just looked at him.

He went to the dining table and started munching on an apple. She walked to him silently and stood in front of him.

He offered her an another apple which she took and started eating it.

They sat on the sofa in silence eating their apples.

" You were supposed to be with him." She said looking at him.

" Yes, I know, but I have some important work so I had to come back early." He said looking at her.

She stayed silent.

" Will you promise me something?" He asked her suddenly.

" What?" She asked him frowning.

" Don't ever leave him again please. You wouldn't want to know how he was without you in his life." He pleaded looking at her.

" Karthik I....." Her voice got struck in her throat.

How can she promise him that she would never leave him when her life is so uncertain?

She looked at him with tears.

" I know something is stopping you and I will not ask you what it is but don't run away from him again, he will not be able to bear this time Ananya." Karthik said with tears in his own eyes and she just nodded her head looking down.

She looked at him and saw a longing look on his face as he stared at the distance.

" You love someone." She said.

He looked startled at her.

" What? No!" He exclaimed.

She chuckled.

" I am very well familiar with that look on your face mister." She smirked and he sighed.

" I love her but she loves her career. I want her to stay with me but she wants to travel the whole world. I am ready to travel with her but she is not ready to be with someone......and that's the end of the story." He said smiling at her.

For the first time Anu noticed sadness in his voice and pain in his words.

" Did you tell her about your feelings?" She asked him keenly.

" No." He mumbled.

" Why?" She asked him.

" I already know her priorities and if  I told her about my feelings, she will straight away reject me and on top of that I will lose her friendship too." He said sadly.

" Who is that girl?" She asked curiously.

" You know her." He said looking at her and this peaked her interest more.