Chapter 58

She woke up from her sleep suddenly when she saw someone in her dream. She looked at the wall clock and it is just 3 AM.

She sighed.

Now it has become her daily routine. These dreams, her thinking about the person in the dream, taking medicines, eating, sleeping and going for a walk.

Only the good thing in this was that she has become close to her parents and the walk to that park is what she waits for the whole day.

Her parents were happy to see Anu warming up to them but they can see she wasn't happy. It's like she always searches for something rather someone. It looks like some part of her is missing. The light, the glow, the spark in her eyes has gone.

They know the reason and who can bring her back to herself but just like they thought they would leave everything to fate.

Anu was relieved with the progress going on in her life. She had a check up in the hospital yesterday and doctor said that she is completely alright but need to use medicines for some months as to prevent forming of tumors again.

She took medicines properly as she didn't want that dreadful disease to appear again. God gave her a new life and she would make utilise it.

She started hanging out with Raj and Neha also in the weekends. It's fun to spending time with them and she thoroughly enjoys their company.

Like everyday, Anu walked out of the house to go to the park. Her eyes gleamed with joy when she saw the park and thought that this park must have a major role in her past as whenever she comes here, her heart feels warmth and a sense of belonging consumes her.

She walked into the park smiling at the watchman who smiles back at her warmly. She walked towards the bench where she daily sits and saw a person was already sitting there.

She sighs and walks to another bench but her sight didn't leave that bench. It was like some magic spell, she couldn't take her eyes off from that person's back and her heart beats aren't helping too.

She doesn't know why is she feeling like this so suddenly.

She looked at the man's back and observed him. She felt like he was in some deep pain as his shoulders were slumped down and he was staring off into the distance.

Her heart constricted looking at him like that and she doesn't know why.

She couldn't take eyes off him because she just sat there for don't know how long just staring at his back.

She snapped out her daze when she heard some laughs from the kids. She looked away from him but her heart wants to see him.....again and again.

Her gaze again turned towards him but he wasn't there. She looked around for him but couldn't find him. She slapped her forehead thinking what she was doing. She was searching for an unknown person whom she never saw.

******

She scanned the whole place to see if she could find anything. It's Neha's birthday today and she wanted  something special to gift her. She came to this mall to pick a gift for Neha and walked through the racks of gifts and turned around as she didn't find anything.

As she was turning, something caught her eye. She walked towards it and saw a white globe like thing revolving with different colours radiating from it and also a kind of sweet aroma was emerging from it through a faint smoke.

She loved it and the smell of it is to die for. She read that it is a kind of a decorative item cum room freshner which soothes our senses and refreshes our mood as it is totally made of natural herbs. She thought of taking this for her as she liked it a lot.