Chapter 42

Anu looked at the environment around her. Everyone are talking, laughing, dancing and enjoying themselves. She wished she could also do that without worrying about anything.

She looked at Siddharth who stood a little away from her talking to someone. She didn't feel out of place but in fact she felt happy as she was doing something new after long time.

It felt for her like she was in a cage all these days but now coming out and meeting people that too with the person whom she loves the most, she felt happy and normal again.

Siddharth looked at Anu and saw that she was smiling looking around. She looked like an excited kid in the carnival and he was happy that she is smiling.

He excused himself and walked towards her. He took hold of her hand which startled her. But she relaxed when she saw it was him. He was staring at her and she looked around nervously trying to ignore his stare.

Suddenly he felt her going tense and stepping back in fear. He frowned looking around to know the reason of her fear and her vanished smile. He followed her gaze and understood the reason.

She turned around to leave but his hold on her was tight.

" Where are you going?" He asked her.

" Can I leave?" She asked him.

" What? Why?" He frowned at her.

" I..... " She stuttered and looked at the people who were now coming towards them.

" Why are you so scared seeing them?" He asked confused.

" Because I don't want to see hate in their eyes for me." She whispered.

" What! Why would they hate you?" He exclaimed.

" Because I left them without telling anything and they might....." She trailed off looking down.

He could only laugh at her naivety.

" Why are you laughing? " She asked him confused.

" Because of your stupidity." He said laughing and she glared at him.

" Let me go." She said irritatingly and tried to get away from his hold.

" You are so stupid to think that they will hate you. You know how worried they were when you left suddenly. They searched for you everywhere and Neha used to cry also thinking about you. And here you think they will hate you?"

" But..... I don't know I am ready to meet them..... " She whispered blinking back her tears.

" Look Ananya, they are your friends in fact best friends. They will understand whatever the reason maybe for your leaving. They will be very much happy to meet you. Remember one thing they will not hate you and in fact no one can ever hate you. So go and meet them." He said softly trying to make her understand.

She nodded her head staring at him and he smiled at her. She turned to look at them but her eyes widened looking at the people standing in front of her.

Raj and Neha stood in front of her glaring. Anu just looked at them in shock and didn't know what to speak. Both of them narrowed their eyes at her.

" Are you running away from us.....again?" Neha asked sternly with a serious look on her face.

Anu looked at their angry faces and immediately looked down blinking her tears guiltily.

" I... I..." She was stuttering not understanding how to say and what to say.

Next minute she was pulled into hug by Neha.

" Do you know how much we were worried when you disappeared?" Neha cried hugging Anu tightly.