Chapter 34

Things have been great since Anu's mom had known that Siddharth is the tenant. She helps him in sneaking in and out without anyone's notice, she even arranges food for him in his room before he comes home.

Though he had protested about the arrangement of food that he can manage, she didn't listen. She shut him up by saying that it's the least she could for her children.

He was overwhelmed by her love and personally missed his mother. It had been a long time since he had talked to his mother properly.

In all this he can say that, It's been easy for him as someone was there to help him in this situation.

Now, he was on his bed sleeping peacefully. It was afternoon and he is still sleeping like a log not even caring about eating his lunch.

He hadn't slept like that for months. Past few nights were hectic. He didn't catch any sleep because of all the thoughts that clouded his mind.

Today, he thought of taking a break from work and rest as he was not feeling well. And today only Anu's mom couldn't come up and check on him to give his lunch as Anu was outside only playing cricket with the kids.

Anu's mom was concerned about Siddharth as he didn't come out of his room for once also since morning and he didn't even had his lunch.

Siddharth was in his own dream land in which he and Anu were holding hands and walking endlessly talking and laughing. He didn't want to get up from his sleep as his dream felt so real and it gave him some hope that they would be like that in real life also.

He smiled when she was leaning in close to his lips in his dream. When their lips are about to meet, something hit him hardly and woke him up from his dreamland.

He groaned in pain clutching his head and sat up abruptly looking around. He saw a cricket ball on the floor and a broken window. He was already feeling sick with headache and now he got hit by a ball on the head.

How lucky!

He stood up and felt a little dizzy. He composed himself and turned to look out of his window. He squinted his eyes to look out of the broken window as to know who hit him with the ball.

He heard his door opened with a creak and thought that it must be the kid who hit him with the ball. He swiftly turned around to scold the kid but what he saw made him freeze in his place.

Anu had come to apologize their tenant for breaking the window on behalf of the kids and take the ball. But when she opened the door and peeked inside only to see a man's back. It was a well built muscular back and the man looked young.

She stepped forward to take a better look at the man because the person's back, his frame, his height, his hair, everything seemed very familiar to her and the smell of the very familiar intoxicating cologne's smell made her heart thump loudly in her chest.

When he turned around, all the air knocked out of her chest. She stood frozen there taking in his presence and his features.

She blinked her eyes to see if it's real or she is hallucinating him. She shut her eyes tightly and calmed herself. She opened her eyes again and realized that he was actually there standing in front of her with an equally shocked expression.

" Siddu."

She whispered looking at him with tears.

That brought him out of his daze and looked at her face which had many emotions surprise, shock, fear, sadness and mostly love.

Sid gulped in fear of how would she react and what would he say to her.

Think Sid..... Think fast something......