12-Nightmare

Typed On 14/10/2018- Finished Typing On 15/10/2018

Chapter 12-Nightmare

Tu safar mera (You're my journey, you're my destination)

Hai tu hi meri manzil (O my heart, it's hard to live without you)

Tere bina guzara

Ae dil hai mushkil

Tu mera khuda (You're my God, you're in every prayer of mine

Tu hi duaa mein shaamil

Tere bina guzara (O my heart, it's hard to live without you)

Ae dil hai mushkil

Mujhe aazmaati hai teri kami (Your absence is testing me)

Meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi ( You make everything in my life complete)

Junoon hai mera

Banoon main tere qaabil (It's my passion to become worthy of you.)

Tere bina guzaara (O my heart, it's hard to live without you.)

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

Sad souls like sad songs. Aren't sad songs made for lovers? For lonely souls? Jaanvi wasn't—isn't a sad soul or a sad person in others point of view. But how would they know? They didn't experience what she did.

Sad songs were her go-to. Her everyday mood. She'd always listen to them. The depth of the lyrics, of the voice, the melody and the hidden reason behind the song being written—the visual picture—attracts her interest to them. Her father also noticed sad song lyrics in her notebook, thinking she's a little kid he never asked her about them.

Red flag number one was unnoticed by Ansh. Maybe—just maybe—if he ever questioned her, asked her the reason behind carrying a notebook with sad songs lyrics inside them, then her loneliness—her heart and soul—wouldn't be eating her alive.

It wouldn't be sucking her liveliness slowly like cancer.

Jaanvi has a separate notebook for songs, for her thoughts, for her anger, hate and love. Things that she didn't—still doesn't—have the guts to tell her father. Things she wants to look back at in future and cry in joy to see her progress.

"Stop this," She shrieks loudly unintentionally. Her voice was ignorant. Kiaan flicks her an anxious from the rear mirror, "Th-this song. S-stop it." She repeats, but this time clumsily. The song—the song she was obsessed with for over two whole years—was bringing back memories. Memories she tries every day to bury.

"What?" Dhruv asks turning his body to her, "Why?" He was enjoying the song in the long tensing silence.

His question irritates her even more. She requested something and they should gladly accept it without questioning her panic state. "Because I said so." She screams glaring at him. Her body was trembling as if she's losing blood-pressure. She feels suffocated, she felt trapped. In a box. Or worse, probably, a cage. With a leather lease around her neck.

"Hey," She hears Aditi's voice echoing in her ear. It bounces back—not a good sign considering her friend's sitting right beside her. Jaanvi looks to her left. She saw the concern in Aditi's eyes. "I-is it happening again?" Aditi asks with a shaky voice. Her fingers entwined into Jaanvi's. Aditi prays she's proven wrong.

It wasn't the song, it was the feeling she was getting—energy. The vibe it transfer to her. Everything was blacking out, her vision was disappearing. Aditi's face, the car, the roads, everything was starting to fade as if they were spirits she wasn't capable of seeing.