69- When Putana Calls Kiaan

For those asking when this book is ending, well! I wished to end this book on my birthday but it seems impossible since it's coming very soon and I have around 28 chapters to go, to the max. So bear with me.

Started Typing On - 27/02/2019

Started Typing Again On - 1/03/2019

Chapter 69- When Putana Calls Kiaan

~

Author's Pov:

Their fifth day in New York was ending in couple of hours. It was six thirty five, the clouds had disappeared, now giving full view to the shinning and gorgeous pink and orange sky. All she wanted to do was sit outside, and gaze out at the natural beauty.

"A jumper could help." She heard Kiaan's voice after a long period of silence. She gazed up, feeling the warm woollen Jumper of his being given to her, with a warm, delicate smile. She smiled in return appreciating his common sense. Putting her hands into the warm sleeves she let out a happy sigh. Putting it over her head, she flipped her hair out of the collar, looking at the sky.

"It's so beautiful." She whispered, feeling warm now.

He looked at her the whole time, grinning ear to ear. "It is." His eyes remained on her.

"I sometimes wish to touch the sky. Or sleep on the fluffy, soft clouds. I wonder how it's feel." She lowered her head, giggling lightly. She had always imagined herself sleeping on the clouds like Nobita from Doraemon, but it always remained as an imagination, as a dream. A dream far from reach. "When I was little, I loved the swings. I'd always go to the park with papa and look up at the sky every time he pushed me forwards, gently." She weakly smiled, shaking her head at the memories.

"Why?" he noticed the change between her smiles. It wasn't a happy one like before, the comforting one. This was more like a grieving type, with sadness everywhere, in her eyes, lips, face. He saw how her lips pursed together as she spoke lowly.

"He said Mumma was the star in the sky." She paused, shrugging as her back touched the chair. "I'd look up hoping to catch her hand, pulling me up into an embrace. Or to see her, smiling back at a five year old." She wanted to cry but controlling her emotions was important. Jaanvi felt like Kiaan has seen the crying side of her more than the strong, independent women behind the tears.

Feeling the lump on her throat ready to burst out, she jumped up from her chair, straightening the jumper quickly. "I'll cook." She murmured, walking away before hearing a reply from her husband.

"How are we supposed to move on from our past when we're still holding onto it?" he muttered, extremely low to himself. There was a part of him who understood her very well but also another part who wouldn't understand the root of this problem. Why can't she move on from it? It wasn't even about her ex-boyfriend or perhaps an ex-husband. It was her mother. How was Ma related or reminds her of our relationship? What's the root of this past? Juhi?

When we see something different, something nice, loving or something beautiful which we may not have, we often go back in those bad deep memories. This was what always reminded Jaanvi of her Ma. The things she never had were always behind her. Not the things actually, the person. A mother was the connecting dot in every situation. Whether it was cooking lunch for their children, giving them a bath to teaching them the main reason of a girl's life. She didn't have that. But it always pulled her back.

Jaanvi stood in the kitchen, breathing slowly. Her hands flat on the counter, pushing herself to put her emotions in bay. Few more days. Just few more and I'll meet papa. She didn't realise it till now that she's been addressing her father as 'papa,' and not 'Hero.' If Ansh was here he'd be so happy hearing the word 'Papa,' slipping out of her mouth.