first january

It's January and I brought a guy home the night before, for the first time since Holt moved in

It's January and I brought a guy home the night before, for the first time since Holt moved in. It doesn't mean I've been celibate for the last five months, it just means I've been staying over at other dude's places instead of bringing them back here. I guess I just didn't want to make Holt uncomfortable. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I like Holt and don't want him to see me with other guys even though I know it doesn't matter because Holt doesn't care about who I sleep with. Nothing at all.

The boy toy is still sleeping when I get out of bed. His name is James. He's got a little too much chest hair for my taste though. And he likes the Pauls. So you know, gag. Any guy at that age who thinks that any of Logan's decisions, starting with his haircut is a good choice clearly has the mental age of a chihuahua. I don't see a lasting relationship with the dude but if he calls, I won't ignore the phone.

I walk in the kitchen and Holt is holding two of his shake bottles and he's just shaking the life out of them.

I narrow my eyes at him. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm about to take a picture and I want to be looking riiiiiipped," he informs me like that makes any kind of sense.

I roll my eyes and go to make myself a coffee. "Put the fucking bottles down Holt."

"Make me, bitch," he answers with a satisfied little grin.

"You look like your jacking off two impressively hung dudes," I inform him and take a bite from the apple I just grabbed from the fridge.

The stupid grin is still there. "Jealous?"

"Fuck off," I answer him with my mouth full.

Sometimes I really wish I had never met the irresistible bastard.

James walks into the kitchen just then. He smiles at me. "Good morning," he says.

"Good morning," I smile back.

Holt stops shaking his bottles, but like half way in the air so he looks ridiculous. He just says a little, "Oh." He looks like some kind of reindeer frozen in front of a headlight. And then he shakes his head a little and he smiles again.  "Oh. Hi." He puts the bottles on the counter. "Sorry, I'll get going."

I can see that James is trying to hold in his laughter. "Hey don't worry, you must be Holt, right?" he says.

Holt stops walking out of the kitchen, frowning a little. "You talked about me?" he asks.

I shrug, grab my cup of coffee, "I did mention I had a roommate, you know, not to freak him out if you had both gone to the bathroom in the middle of the night."

"Oh, right," Holt says, nodding a little too much and then he just waves and walks out of the room, almost knocking his shoulder into the frame of the doorway. I snort a laugh at that.

"Your roommate is amusing," James says, once we can hear the door of Holt's room closing.

"He's just shy," I inform him, laughing a little.

"Why? He's hot."

I shrug. "Beats me. Want coffee?"