author's note

Here it is

Here it is. The end of Eliah's story. I'm so sorry I took a little longer than I usually did to upload this last chapter. I had it written but I wasn't 100% happy with it and couldn't find time to fix it. It still feels like it's missing something. Maybe it's because I didn't really want to let Eliah go.

I probably could have gone on forever with this story, but I decided to call it The Holt Conundrum. And once the Holt conundrum was going to be resolved it would be the end of the story. And clearly, marrying him is that definite turning point. I never would have been able to finish this story the way I finished The Claire Years. I love these two boys too much. 

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it and sharing it with you guys. I wanted this story to be more than about a gay guy. I wanted Eliah to be more than just his sexuality, and for once I wanted two boys to end up in love and happy. So many times I see homosexual characters just getting killed off for the sake of shocking (I'm looking at you Tara in BTVS). I wanted more for my boys. And I wanted you guys to read this story and just forget that it was about two boys loving each other and just see it as two humans in love. 

Eliah has a lot of doubt in his life, his sexuality does affect the way he saw himself in the beginning of the book but I didn't want his sexuality to be the thing that he struggles with all the time. Eliah is more than his sexual preferences. He's a complex boy and I wanted to show that. 

I want to sincerely thank you all for sticking around for all these chapters, and for loving my boys as much as I love them. Your comments and votes and reads really mean the world to me. 

Eliah's story might be over, but I'm still not completely done with it. I still have plans. If you have read The Claire Years you know that I plan on writing a Claire's POV story called A Lifetime of Westley. Well, I plan on doing something similar again and eventually write a story called The Eliah Variable in Holt's POV. Also, you might have noticed that this story is 99 chapters long with my preface and this author's note. A story can have 100 chapters. Since I still feel unfinished with this story I might eventually add a 100th chapter. A happy moment for my boys in the future. We'll see. I also have plans for a Eloise's POV story without a title at the moment.

But this time, I won't start uploading these stories right away. I want to wait to have them all written the way I did with Claire Years and this one. I also need to upload some of m older stories. But don't worry. I don't plan to keep these characters quiet for too long. Their voices are all still very loud. 

Thank you so much again. I hope to see you all soon. I love you! <3