seventh november

It's November and Holt and I take a solid two weeks off to go back home to our family for Thanksgiving.

            Holt is still kind of shaken up after seeing his so-called father.

I know it will do him some good to be surrounded by people who love him.

Holt is happy here. I can spot quite easily any of Holt's tell-tell signs when he's slightly uncomfortable or he feels out of place. There's never any of that here. It's like he's always been a part of our family. I'm pretty sure Mom likes him better than me and Eloise. He's always hugging her and she's always hugging him. They're adorable.

            Eloise gets home with her boyfriend and my nephew a few days after us.

Dean has started rolling around a little. He needs constant supervision because he's always trying to start crawling. He hasn't exactly perfected his technique yet, so he's just doing enough to make everyone panic. I think he's enjoying it.

We keep teasing my sister about when we should be expecting another baby.

She laughs a lot about it. "Well, Dean's going to need a Sam. And what's amazing about the name Sam is that it can work for a boy or a girl."

One morning, after Eloise and her little family are gone, I wake up first.

Holt is still sound asleep. I smile at the sight of my boyfriend in my adolescent bed. It's crazy to think the love of my life is sleeping in the bed where I cried so many nights when I was a confused teenager and I was sure I would never have anyone to love me. If my thirteen year old self could see the hottie we were going to end up with, he'd stop crying immediately and start stocking lube.

            I skip down the stairs and find my parents fussing around in the kitchen.

"Morning parental authorities," I greet them.

"Morning," they both say at the same time.

I frown at them, "Where are you guys off to?"

"Your mother is forcing me to go run with her," Dad whines. I laugh.

"We'll go grab breakfast once we get in town. You and Holt are welcomed to join," Mom adds.

I'm pretty sure Holt would say yes, but I have other plans now. "Sleeping Beauty is still sleeping. I don't want to wake him up."

"How's he doing? We didn't really have time to talk about it," Mom asks, while filling her bottle with water.

"Better," I say, sitting on a stool at the center counter.

"If you weren't dating him, I would honestly consider adopting him," she tells me.

I smile at that. "Thanks Mom,"

She brushes my cheek with her fingers, a smile on her lips. "No need to thank me, I'm just being honest. He's such a sweetheart."

"He is," I sigh, kind of happily, "I'm really happy Mom. So happy I have no idea what I was doing before. What was I doing with all those other guys? I wasted so much time."

"I thought about that a lot too with your father," she replies and Dad snorts behind her.

"I really wish we could have met sooner. I could have protected him better, we could have gotten together faster."

"I get that, I always tell you father the same thing."

Dad raises his hand and says, "But there's a flaw in that scenario."

Mom explains it, "If we had gotten together sooner, we never would have had you and your sister. And I would trade these years apart any time to make sure I could have you."

I smile at my parents. I love them. "You could have had other kids."

"Yes, but they wouldn't be you. And I only want you and your sister. No other kid." Mom comes up to me and kisses the top of my head. "So? No running?"

I stretch my arms, yawning a little, "Yeah, that's a no for me dawg."

Mom laughs. "Alright, try not to burn the house down while we're gone."

I snort. "I think that's the kind of thing you need to tell Dad."

Dad narrows his eyes at me. "It was just creosote smoke, I always had it under control."

I tap my index on my bottom lip, pretending to think about it, "And remind me what the firemen said, what was it again?"

            Dad is just dragging a laughing Mom out the door saying, "Byyyyyye son!"

The second they're off the porch, I run back upstairs and jump back in my bed, sitting on top of Holt, shaking him. "Holt, come on, wake up."

He hides his face under a pillow. "Nope."

"Come on, my parents left, we've got the house all to ourselves."

That seems to interest him. His face pops up from under the pillow. "What?"

I'm grinning and rubbing my ass at the right place. We haven't done anything since we've been at my parents' house. Holt is too scared he won't stay quiet and my family will hear us. "So wake up, because I've waited thirteen years to pop that bed's cherry."

The pillow has been pushed aside now. "What?"

"I never had sex in that bed before," I explain.

"You had Ben in it two years ago," Holt annoyingly reminds me.

I snort. "Yeah, but we didn't have sex."

"What?"

"Please," I roll my eyes, "I wasn't going to sleep with him while you were in the house. I already felt bad enough."

Holt pokes me in the ribs. "Because you left without me."

I make a grimace. "Let's not remind me of my temporary complete system shutdown."

Holt suddenly sits up, his arms going around me, our faces a breath away. "So this bed never got any action?" Cheeky Holt

I brush his hair away from his forehead, "Well, aside from my teenage horny wanking, nothing."

"You mean something like this?" His hand slips in my pants and my breath becomes ragged, my eyes closing. "How long do we have?"

It takes me a a good ten seconds before I can answer him. "Maybe two hours," I answer, biting back a moan.

Holt grins, "I can do with two hours," and he crushes his lips against mine.