third november

It's November and I'm exhausted

Keith applied for grants a while back so now we only have a few months left to do everything before that money goes up in flames. It's not a huge budget though so we have to do everything on our own. We drive to all the people we need to interview. It feels like I'm always sitting in a car.

I'm glad with my decisions of working with Keith, but I have to admit I miss my apartment. I miss my bed. I miss being in my things. I miss Holt...

But I know I need this.

I keep writing at the web newspaper too, to make sure I have an income, so free time are foreign words to me at the moment. I don't mind so much, I enjoy the distraction. If I keep busy I can't be whining about my life.

It's a refreshing change.

And the people we talk with have such interesting stories to share. Most of the time they're crazy and down right maddening, but we hope that with this documentary it'll be a chance for their voices to finally be heard.

The first person we interviewed was a firefighter that had to move because he'd been getting too much bad press. There had been a fire at a community center and three people had died inside. The local newspaper covering the story had snapped a picture of the fireman sitting down with the flames behind him with the caption Fireman sitting down to rest while people die behind him. What the newspaper had failed to mention was that the fireman wasn't sitting down, he was crouching, waiting for another fireman to take the tank bottle behind him off so they could switch it up and he could go back in.

Apparently the journalist that had covered this story had been mad because the firefighters hadn't let him get close enough to the action. So he had decided to give them a bad rep.

And the poor guy had to move because of this.

This was just one story among so many others. The more people we talk with, the more I'm reminded of how powerful and dangerous words can be.