seventh august

It's August and the heat is unbearable so Holt and I drive up to my parents' house for the weekend so we can swim in the lake for two days straight

            I think it's kind of hilarious how when I was younger I couldn't wait to get out of the house, and now that I'm an adult I keep trying to find reasons to go back home. And I would ignore my parents calling me or texting me, and now if my mother doesn't pick up on the second ring of my third phone call of the morning, I start to say she doesn't love me.

Growing up does funny things to a person.

As always, Mom and Dad are happy to have us over. I'm pretty grateful that my parents aren't the kind of people that would turn my room into an arts and craft room.

Holt and I spent most of our time swimming around the lake. It's fun to have a good reason for Holt to spend a whole weekend shirtless. I mean, I would adore him even if he decided to start deep-frying everything and became obese, but in the meantime, good god is my boyfriend hot.

Eloise and company come over on Sunday morning and we have brunch together. It's so cute to see Holt with Dean. He's not scared of touching his death-spot anymore.

Once we're driving back home Sunday evening I tell Holt, "Thanks for always playing along when I want to go back home."

Holt gives my hand that's holding his a squeeze. "I love to go see your parents too you know. If we ever moved I think we should try to find a place closer to your parents."

I smile a little at his comment. "Oh, so we're moving?"

Holt is smiling too. "Maybe not right now, but at one point it might be nice to have a bigger place, you know, where we could both have our offices, and I could stop hiding in a closet to develop my photos and we wouldn't get calls from our neighbours any time you're too noisy."

I laugh out loud. "I'm noisy?"

"Any noises I make are a hundred percent your fault, so since you're the one causing the noises, you're the noisy one," he answers with a little grin.

I'm still chuckling at my adorable boyfriend. "I won't argue with that. And I agree. It would be nice to live closer from home. Eloise is already closer. We could really have brunch every Sunday morning."

"That would be nice," he agrees.

I lift his hand that's in mine to my lips and kiss the top of it.

I love planning my future with Holt. I don't even care about what we're planning specifically, I just love the fact that however he sees himself in a few years, I'm part of those plans.