eighth february

It's February and our documentary finally comes out

The reactions were all over the place. In the beginning, when people saw the title and roughly what it was going to be about, they all assumed we were going to bash the whole Trump wall and that our documentary would just be a smear campaign.

I wasn't trying to be political. I wanted the message to be about social changes rather than political ones. Politic is too closed up. I don't want my documentaries to only be pertinent to a certain country. I want it to be relatable for every human. We waste so much time trying to divide ourselves in as many groups as we can that sometimes it feels like we forget that we're all just humans. Nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, every single aspect of our lives we're drill into putting ourselves in specific boxes. I know it. All my life all I ever thought I could be was the gay guy. I've seen it with Holt so many times too. All he was to so many people was the hot guy. These boxes become so important that we come to define ourselves in stifling roles and forget that we're allowed to be more.

For so long I wanted to be a journalist so I could be more than the gay guy, so I could be the one defining myself. But even that, even wanting to be defined by my job wasn't right. I'm more than my sexuality and my job, but I am also those things.

The more you learn about yourself, the more you find this balance, and that's what I tried to say with our documentary. You're allowed your walls, you're allowed your little check boxes, but if you really know yourself, you'll understand that you're more than just that.

So before watching it, people threw their impertinent opinions left and right, but then when people actually watched it, it got an amazing response.

We've been getting letters from people telling us it really resonated with them and all the comments we can see on social media are amazing. People cry, people laugh but most of all, people think.

And when I look at the credits and I see my name there up with Holt's my whole heart fills with pride. We did this together