fifth october

It's October and my dad is mostly in the clear now. The operation was a success, they were able to remove all of the cancerous mass and the treatments are going well too.

I'm so relieved, but I'm still worried about it. It's not because things seem to be going well now that they can't majorly go wrong suddenly. Cancer is kind of a bitch, after all.

So I'm still worried and I'm out of my mind because Ben pisses me off, I can't believe he still doesn't want to say we're dating and fuck him. If he doesn't want us to date, we won't be dating.

This whole Dad-having-cancer thing helps to put things in perspective. I don't have time to waste.

So screw this. I will not be defined by my boyfriend, or lack of boyfriend. I am more than that. I never wanted to be known as someone's boyfriend anyway. I want people to know me as a journalist.

I don't need a boyfriend to be complete. It would be nice to have one, but I can manage on my own.

Ben doesn't want the job? Fine. I'm done trying to make this into something it's not. Maybe Ben will want to be my boyfriend one day, and when he's ready he can ask me. I'm done begging for it.

Keith and I are still working on our social media documentary so I go out of my way to find interesting people to interview and to find the perfect way to make everything fit together.

I'll focus on work instead. Work is more rewarding. Work makes sense.