Makeup & Popularity

-Chapter 1: Jae Park and Jeanette Ashby *TW: Has bullying in this story and degrading language for insults. These do not reflect any of my opinions and is strictly in here for bullying and how seriously hurtful it is. As someone who experienced bullying for my own looks for a good chunk of my life, I know how hurtful it is to experience it. The terms they use are awful and shouldn't be used. The terms may/may not been used in my experience, but may be part of someone else's. I do not condone bullying and I wrote this to show that one should not judge appearances or be rude. Please love one another. I hope this story inspires people to look within and to meet with those who are different than them*

"Omigod! Look at him! He looks so much like a lady that it's so funny! Just look at his hair and his clothes

"Omigod! Look at him! He looks so much like a lady that it's so funny! Just look at his hair and his clothes. It is so disgusting that he even wears makeup. Does he even know makeup is for girls?" My best friend, Jeanette, exclaims as she lifts her hand to point at someone.

I turn my head a bit, staring at the boy she's pointing at. I don't see what the problem is. His blonde hair is tied back into a ponytail and he has a cute fringe. He may not look manly like the try-hards here at Greentree High School but he's unique and completely himself.

"He's cute," Abby Cole, the new girl to the popular table, says. She should watch herself. Jeanette is going to be vicious towards her since she's not hearing what she wants.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Jeanette sounds angry. I should try calming her down before she throws Abby back to where she was before.

"Jeanette, I think she's just trying to be nice," I say. I'm trying to be reasonable and not seem like I'm defending that boy. None of us should be judging him anyways. We're not perfect.

I look away from the boy, staring at Jeanette as her eyes narrow. "What are you trying to tell me? Are you trying to say we should be allowing him to be like that?"

"Jeanette, you're not understanding what I mean by that," I state as she rolls her blue eyes. I look over at Abby's hazel eyes as she looks down at her hands. She's obviously intimidated by Jeanette. Jeanette is pretty darn scary.

"Isn't it rude to be making fun of him?" Abby asks, sounding nervous. She's very, very intimidated by Jeanette.

"Welcome to being popular. We're meant to set rules and make sure everyone is living up to the trends we set. If they don't follow what we do, order isn't established and everyone is going to do what they want to do. Wouldn't that be a nightmare?"

I sigh, looking away from my friends and at the clock. When did I get dragged into the world of popularity? I'm pretty much a celebrity to the people at my school. Whenever I walk the halls with my two besties, people stare and start talking about us. Some people even want pictures and our autograph in order to seem like their pretty cool when they post about it online. Why is my school like this? Why can't I go back to being the nerdy, shy Cassie Ryder?

"His hair is pretty stylish now that I think about it," Abby says, probably staring at the boy.

"You think his hair is stylish? He's not remotely stylish! Jae Park will never be stylish as long as he stays here at this school!" I look at Jeanette as she slams her hand down on the table. She's pretty pissed.