~Chapter 1~

June 15 2017.

"Dreams. Everyone human has them. Some believe in them. Some think it's a figment of their own imaginations. It's soothing to see yourself in a beautiful world. And it leaves you full of hope when you wake up.

But there are days when you won't have these sweet dreams. No more beautiful worlds with bright sunsets, sweet flowers and rainbow bridges.
Instead, you see pain, horror, gore and darkness. They wake you with a fright and leave your bed wet with sweat. And these are known..........as nightmares.

But this is not a nightmare you wake up from. This is everlasting torment.

Such are these days. Days with no beautiful sunsets, sweet flowers nor rainbow bridges. This is total darkness.  This is the Armageddon.

I sat with my knees crouched closer to my chest and my back against the wall. My eyes were closed and I rested my head, leaning it against the wall.

The stench from the sewer filled the environment. But I had gotten used to it. We had been here for four weeks without moving up to the surface. I thought it safe that we travel low to rid ourselves from facing any walkers. 

Jess didn't think so since killing them had become a hobby to her. I had thought her a few moves so she could defend herself just in case. David however wouldn't be taught by a girl.

David is my boyfriend. Jess and I found him........well he sorta found us when we were almost eaten by walkers sometime ago. Although Jess didn't really like him. She still doesn't and I don't know why. She won't tell me either.

David is the eldest among us three. He's a year older than me and Jess. We are both 22 though I'm a month older. That makes her kinda the youngest.

The sewer was dry but there was a trickle of sewer water still flowing through it. It's a sewer so imagine how filthy it is. 

Jess was in some sorta room if I should call it that and David had found himself to think stuff over. We had just had a fight and that's why I was here and he there.

The walkers were still out there. Sometimes I thought to myself if there are still any humans out there.

We had heard of a cure. Well David had. And according to him, it's supposed to be at the same place this whole massacre started. Problem is, we don't know where it is. But that's our mission. To find and cure all these people.

If it's supposed to cure all these walkers, then it definitely has to be an airborne Antidote.

"Arhhhh!!!" Jessica's scream from a distance woke me up with a fright. What could make her scream so loud.

I quickly got up to my feet and rushed in the direction of the scream, pulling my gun out from behind my waist.

I got to the room where she was and my guess was right. She was help up and pinned to the wall by a male walker.

I quickly Aimed my gun at its head and fired but the gun oddly failed me with a simple click!

It was then I realized I had not reloaded the gun when we went up against a horde of walkers a few days back.

The sound from behind made the walker aware of my presence. He dropped Jess to the concrete floor and directed all its attention to me.